PDA

View Full Version : Hoover

madpad
24-03-2008, 05:19 PM
Hi all
I'm new to this site and just wanted to say hello.
I joined because i have ( surprise surprise :)) a problem with my Hoover optima fridge freezer. The problem is that the quick freeze ( amber) light keeps flashing. Sorry to seem ignorant but the booklet which came with it dosn't mention anything about it. It is about 5 to 6 years old. Any info / help on this issue would be grateful.

Regards

Madpad

tufty
24-03-2008, 05:58 PM
hi there is the amber light flashing, or flickering.it might be that ther is a bad connection,

tonto33
02-04-2008, 10:04 PM
model number would be helpful normally it a sensor failure

madpad
14-09-2008, 01:39 PM
Hi all
Not been here for a while sorry.
Anyone know of a service engineer for the hoover optima, it now has stopped working, its more like an oven than a fridge. I live in Cardiff Wales. I will check the site regularly for replies, I don't know if the forum would notify me by email.
Thanks
Madpad

tonto33
14-09-2008, 01:53 PM
http://service.hoover.co.uk/

benjy
17-03-2010, 07:54 PM
The problem with the "hoover" website is that they don't list older models.

I have exactly the same problem as the lady above with fridge area freezing.

Too much Ice has formed in the freezer unit so I am currently defrosting this but isn't the fridge/freezer supposed to be able to deal with this by itself?

Thermal fuse lead, Defrost Heater and Temperature sensor all sound like likely culprits for the fault.

Is the solution likely to be a sensor failure like other posts I have read about the same problem?

benjy
17-03-2010, 07:58 PM
The problem with the "hoover" website is that they don't list older models.

I have exactly the same problem as the lady above with fridge area freezing.

Too much Ice has formed in the freezer unit so I am currently defrosting this but isn't the fridge/freezer supposed to be able to deal with this by itself?

Thermal fuse lead, Defrost Heater and Temperature sensor all sound like likely culprits for the fault.

Is the solution likely to be a sensor failure like other posts I have read about the same problem?

Model Number: RCM 24F GB :rolleyes:

benjy
21-03-2010, 02:59 PM
Frozen Fridge compartment, Hoover optima:

1) leave to defrost for 24 hours.

2) set number at 1, 2 is too cold and 0 is off and it is working again.

My "fast freeze" button is broken that the woman in Cardiff is asking info on. Don't need it anyway. Just defrost regularly and leave at setting number 1. Ice in the freezer compartment you can't see is what pushes it over the edge and freezes everything.

Poor design if I had to be honest. My LEC fridge is 18 years old and still runs as new.

:cool:

benjy
22-03-2010, 11:08 AM
"fast freeze" button does work. It's just so dim I can hardly see that it's on. Have to hold it down for a few seconds to to get it to switch on. It's orange colour. I don't use it anyway....

benjy
26-03-2010, 01:51 PM
STILL NO JOY: fridge keeps freezing over. there is something fundementally wrong with this refrigorator.

FROZEN REFRIGORATOR....

tonto33
26-03-2010, 06:49 PM
check defrost sensor and defrost heater