PDA

View Full Version : Fan quit in freezer compartment.

odam2k
04-07-2003, 04:58 PM
The fan in the freezer compartment is no longer working on my fridge. The freezer is on top, with a seperate door.

The fan seems to blow cold air from the freezer into a hole in the back, which I assume goes down into the fridge to cool the fridge. The freezer part works ok, but the temp in the fridge is only about 57F and my food is spoiling. Does this fan blow into the hole, or suck air from the hole? I tried putting a different fan in there to blow freezing air into the hole, but the fridge is still not cooling down. I wonder if maybe I need to reverse the fan, or maybe its just not blowing enough air?

thanks for any help or suggestions!

Abe
04-07-2003, 08:31 PM
change the fan and things should be back where they were

condenseddave
05-07-2003, 10:33 AM
I'm speculating that there is an iced up evaporator coil in the house.

Abe
05-07-2003, 12:26 PM
iced up coil is a real possibility

odam2k
05-07-2003, 02:18 PM
Turns out the fan sucks air from the hole in the back of the freezer, and circulated it over the evap coils, and then into the freezer compartment. The air then flows down into the fridge through some other vents. The temporary fan I installed was blowing the wrong way.

For all the trouble I went through, I should have just gone and bought a fan. It turned out it only cost $50 (Cdn) and I installed it last night in minutes, and this morning, the fridge is nearly back to normal temps.

Thanks guys!