PDA

View Full Version : Mini Chiller System

snwbordercloss
20-03-2008, 09:57 PM
Hi,
Im new to the site. I am think about building a mini chiiler system for some electronic components. I just bought this variable range DC mini compressor and want to build a refrigeration system around it. I want to use a flat plate heat exchanger for the evaporator to transfer the cooling to flowing water. The system will use 134a. I also plan on using a capillary tube between the condenser and evaporator but am not sure what size to use?

Any suggestions on size for the evaporator and condenser or places to buy them?

the compressor is found at aspensystems.com

The MG Pony
20-03-2008, 10:35 PM
ZOMG! I want one of those compressors! how much?!

Brian_UK
20-03-2008, 10:42 PM
Coooool, details here
http://www.aspensystems.com/minicompressor.html

snwbordercloss
20-03-2008, 11:55 PM
Help me out here guys!!

I have two of these compressors and need a working chiller in a bout a month. Any links to others that have done this would be helpful too

The MG Pony
21-03-2008, 02:05 AM
Down load a program called DanCap, you just enter the data and it will toss ya a cap tube data.

Now whered you order them from and how much they cost ya? I really would want one of them!

snwbordercloss
21-03-2008, 10:21 AM
Down load a program called DanCap, you just enter the data and it will toss ya a cap tube data.

Now whered you order them from and how much they cost ya? I really would want one of them!

shoot me an email and I'll get you some info,

stuartwking
21-03-2008, 02:52 PM
Im going to buy one of those and install a/c into my daughters doll house!!..

frank
21-03-2008, 08:51 PM
How many unloaders do those compressors have - and are they part winding start? :D:D:D

The MG Pony
22-03-2008, 03:14 PM
Hey mate I kept up my end and fired ya off dan cap, can ya please reply with the data on cost and how to order them compressors, thanks!

Poikanen
22-03-2008, 03:33 PM
Coool! has anyone here allready built a working system useing this mini-compressor?

DEVITG
22-03-2008, 03:40 PM
Hi,
Im new to the site. I am think about building a mini chiiler system for some electronic components. I just bought this variable range DC mini compressor and want to build a refrigeration system around it. I want to use a flat plate heat exchanger for the evaporator to transfer the cooling to flowing water. The system will use 134a. I also plan on using a capillary tube between the condenser and evaporator but am not sure what size to use?

Any suggestions on size for the evaporator and condenser or places to buy them?

the compressor is found at aspensystems.com
Hi , what model is the compressor

What are the flow and difference temp in incoming and outcoming water¨?

Which electronic component you want to cool.?

Why not to attach the evaporator direct to components?

For such small compressor , I think a tube in tube evaporator will work .
Condenser could be by air .

snwbordercloss
23-03-2008, 11:22 PM
Hi , what model is the compressor

What are the flow and difference temp in incoming and outcoming water¨?

Which electronic component you want to cool.?

Why not to attach the evaporator direct to components?

For such small compressor , I think a tube in tube evaporator will work .
Condenser could be by air .

The system has to be capable of maintaining the output temperature of the liquid (water) at 15°C with a 1.5kW load and 5°C with a 500W load. The ambient air for these requirements will not exceed 20°C. I think i might have to use two of these compressors in parallel to meet my system specs.

I will be cooling an Intel cpu with the chilled water

Im not connecticg the evaporator directly to the chip becuase I dont have the control I do with the water chiller. I have to maintain a near exact temperature and the chiller system gives me the most precise control. I am going to write a program in LabView (national instruments software) that will allow me to test and control the cooling system once it is built.

I am thinking about using this heat exchanger to chill the water. Any potential problems with this or sould it work??
flatplate.com/products_refCH.htm

I dont have the knowledge in refrigeration that everyone on this site does. I just have access to these compressors and I see a possible solution to my overheating problem that convection cooling is not solving. Im looking through old threads trying to learn and I am getting my California refrigeration license to be safe.

Poikanen- I plan to have the first one built in 8 weeks from now. Aspen systems are the only ones who have built a system with the compressor for military stuff.

MG Pony- they are hard to get a hold of. Costing about $300. I have two coming but I had to use industry connections to get a hold of them. You can try contacting aspen at aspensystems.com > go to products > click mini compressor
If you are genuinely interested and cant buy one direct through them please email me and we'll try to work something out.

Also, I cant get the dan cap software to work. I input data and dont get an output? any hints?

Does anyone know of any refrigeration experts in the San Diego area?

The MG Pony
24-03-2008, 04:06 PM
Once you select units of measurements and the desired data, then it will tell you the ideal size and bore of the capillary tube. that is just for a metering device.

Mitsubishi Electric Compressor XB357RUG < Look up this compressor, it is bigger given but cheaper. I couldn't justify the cost even though it is deadly cute!

You can use two to three, must ask them if you can install an Oil equalizing line for the oil.

snwbordercloss
24-03-2008, 05:03 PM
Once you select units of measurements and the desired data, then it will tell you the ideal size and bore of the capillary tube. that is just for a metering device.

Mitsubishi Electric Compressor XB357RUG < Look up this compressor, it is bigger given but cheaper. I couldn't justify the cost even though it is deadly cute!

You can use two to three, must ask them if you can install an Oil equalizing line for the oil.

cool thanks.

I saw an old post of yours and it looks like you made a similar system for cpu cooling, how did it work out?

The MG Pony
24-03-2008, 05:05 PM
Worked quite well, but during moving the movers killed it, and since I been waiting befor building a much more refined version.

w.l.ong
11-05-2008, 02:25 PM
Hello MG PONY,
Have you order this Mini compressor?
i also like to order few units for my own collection,
for far 1 only keep 1 unit Bitzer open type "0" and scroll obit plate

regards.

w.l.ong

The MG Pony
11-05-2008, 08:01 PM
Hello MG PONY,
Have you order this Mini compressor?
i also like to order few units for my own collection,
for far 1 only keep 1 unit Bitzer open type "0" and scroll obit plate

regards.

w.l.ong

No, despite how cute they are at 300 bucks then some I can get 4 ordinary compressors. Cost just isn't justified.