PDA

View Full Version : Big Display Case

Abe
01-07-2003, 10:49 PM
I get a call from a filling station, wants me to install a display unit inside the shop. I go to site and this is what confronts me.

There is this huge display unit measuring 12 feet long, over 4 feet deep and around 85 inches high. It is parked on the forecourt with a tarpaulin draped over it.

Now the gaffer says he tried but couldnt get it into the shop. I says Im not surprised, even if you knocked out the windows you wouldnt get the bleeder in.

You have got to knock the wall down and rebuild it.

The owner bought it for £8000.00 second hand and the sellar smartly dropped it off and sped away like hell.

Now I am not one from running away from a " challenge" or an "impending headache"

So my question is:

Does this thing break apart so I , or if I can rephrase, " if we" can take this beast inside the shop and connect up with the remote unit.

It is a " FROST-TROL" Make, no ID plates, etc
Condensing Unit is a Hubbard HEPS Scroller

I am looking for anyone who has experience of these units willing to knock it apart and rebuild inside.

Site is near Newarke, near Nottingham

Thx

frank
02-07-2003, 09:08 PM
Sounds like a bit of a nightmare Ayb!

Either charge him the earth for the job or walk away - it's bound to be fraught with problems and I bet that when you do get it inside and wire it up it won't work :D

frank

Karl Hofmann
02-07-2003, 10:26 PM
LOL Time to learn a new trade. Dont forget to support that wall when you take the bricks out! I agree with Frank, don't walk away....Run

Anything second hand is either stolen or knackered!

Brian_UK
02-07-2003, 10:29 PM
Yes, I agree with Frank here.

If anything insist on being able to connect it all up where it stands so that you can check that it is operating correctly before it is moved again.

You know Murphy don't you, need I say more ?

Gary
02-07-2003, 10:53 PM
You have got to knock the wall down and rebuild it.

That sounds like the easy way to me. :D