PDA

View Full Version : i-Box on SR2

Fireblade02
19-03-2008, 11:20 PM
Hi to all here,
my first thread- hope i'll make i right - :confused:.
Does anybody installed an i-Box on an SL 400e SR2 with an 3 Party GPS modul ?
Problem: i-Box switches currently in fail/ off mode ( 2 times blinking- lost controller) when turning off the unit and the countdown beginns. On a MP VI i've changed some pins and it works for proper datatransfer on the web- portal.
HELP!! hope somebody knows the right way

Greez
Fireblade02

Fireblade02
19-03-2008, 11:22 PM
additional: Software B007, 6512, 5308

chillin out
19-03-2008, 11:28 PM
You might want to explain what you are talking about a little better. Perhaps without the abbreviations.

Is this some sort of interface for a refrigeration system?
Why would you need a GPS module for it?
Unless it's a HGV, plantrooms generally don't move around much.

Chillin:):)

Fireblade02
19-03-2008, 11:35 PM
at first i think i need some lessons in english- i recognized i 've forgotten too much. :-))

chillin out
19-03-2008, 11:43 PM
No problem, just post back when you get all the information.

Chillin:):)

Fireblade02
19-03-2008, 11:56 PM
sorry- i thought ihad written all main informations for those who know about these things. what kind of information should i apply? i have many / all info in my head- excluding the solution for my problem :-)

Fireblade02
20-03-2008, 12:11 AM
is it possible to make a link to the " transport- forum" ?

frank
20-03-2008, 08:17 AM
is it possible to make a link to the " transport- forum" ?
I've moved this thread to the correct area 'Transport'

Hopefully, someone will be along soon with an answer for you :)

Fireblade02
20-03-2008, 04:24 PM
many thanks- next time i hope i'll make correct at first . :-)

thermo prince
20-03-2008, 05:25 PM
I-Box is the " Interface Box" marketed by Thermo King so that customers who choose to use 3rd party telematics providers can communicate for location, and/or temps &/or events with the TK trailer fridge controller or as it's known Smart Reefer (SR as acronym) ,without necessitating the disclosure of the proprietary TK protocols inside the controller per se.
I think CTC adopt same policy with their controller.

Fireblade -lets see if some of the well 'switched on' UK and Euro guys or the top notch "absolute zero" man from NYC can advise over next few days on your issue.
Otherwise I will try to see if I can raise answer from Galway factory guys after Easter holiday.

b.t.w TK's own GPS +GPRS positioning and 2 way communication/intervention telemetry system is called "TracKing". There's increasing interest in that from all developing markets in Asia as you could imagine -companies need to keep track of their assets from desert to jungle terrain - plus its pretty precise! back in the UK, we could tell how long one driver stopped outside the local William Hill bookie shop in Cricklewood while his office had been 'radioed' by him that he was approaching Luton on the M1 ....hmmm oh boy did he get a surprise visit from the transport manager! :eek::D

Yup, the world sure has become a "global village" with all this hi-tech. Nowhere to run, nowhere to hide!

regards
T-P

absolute-zero
20-03-2008, 05:45 PM
F-B, It sounds like, if you can intercept data or send commands to the unit via WWW web browser, you have everything set up correctly.

If you need wiring diagram or schematic to verify, what you are asking, I am sure I can find something for you.

A-Z

Fireblade02
20-03-2008, 06:44 PM
High, i know all your correct interpreting answers. I know it works on Track King which i know too. My 3rd Party is Idem T-Control2.Problem is only to activate the HMI without pressing any key like in download. The HMI is in countdown mode by 15 minutes over xxx hours ( however programmed). But at the time i switch off the unit the i-Box shut down or if i make many different cable connections in any way i read on wirings or thought by myself it won't work( beginn to blink). i Could reactivate the HMI but need to press the lighted button then or the unit gives me varoius answers that some things could not work properly. B.t.w. i tried i think all possibilities in case with wiring and configurations- even such like activating by remote control, 2 -way control, qualm...
My last last information about info from Brussel isn't succesful. Maybe u get more and better info these days. We are still working on this Problem for more than 3 months and other good telematic people in Germany haven't got a solution.

Fireblade02
20-03-2008, 06:47 PM
thanks, but i think i have all wirings- i changed and tried own wirings because the original are like u surely knows not everytime correct or complete. :-)
but i u have any ideas to check or try i ' ll be pleased

absolute-zero
20-03-2008, 06:57 PM
thanks, but i think i have all wirings- i changed and tried own wirings because the original are like u surely knows not everytime correct or complete. :-)
but i u have any ideas to check or try i ' ll be pleased

If it worked with Trac-King web system, but does not with your new alternative third party service provider, my guess would be to get with your new third party service provider engineers and have them see if its an interface problem on there side.

How many of these units do you have? Are there others using the Ibox and have no problems with your new third party service provider?

Fireblade02
20-03-2008, 07:11 PM
track king has the 2 way communication with this u could communicate limited. At the moment there is no possibility communicate in this case with the 3rd party ( its in development). but i think the problem is to find out how to keep alive the i-box and the HMI to communicate while after pressing the off key. the difference between i-Box and DAS is countdown modus which could help?! The HMI / Cargo Watch works with countdown modus- if the i-box where present on or active after 15 minutes log time it could work maybe?!

Fireblade02
20-03-2008, 07:18 PM
this is the 3rd trailer where we want the customer satiesfied. Two with SL 400 SR2 unsatisfied and One SL400 MP VI both the normally functions works proper still the unit is on( at MP VI still works after shut down the unit). But he wants something special and my theme is : everything is possible!!!

Fireblade02
25-03-2008, 09:20 PM
is this to difficult for all the nice guys in here?
Brainstorming!!!
Please help me

daniel ox
27-03-2008, 08:17 AM
Hi Fireblade, here in OZ i have a customer that also has a after market communications device they want to use rather than trac king, the only way i have found to stop what your finding is to keep the micro powered up, i know it is not right but by moving the F10 fuse into the lower position you can do this, sorry i dont have any other answer at the moment but give it a try, it is meant to bypass the H.M.I. but i have found you can still operate the unit like normal when you do move this fuse, just when you first do move it the unit will start by itself then you can turn it off by the H.M.I.soft keys, then turn back on and off like normal, give it a go, let me know.

absolute-zero
27-03-2008, 02:06 PM
is this to difficult for all the nice guys in here?
Brainstorming!!!
Please help me

Its not really difficult, I just am not sure how to correct or modify the ibox to resolve the issue.:o

You may need to have a TK FSE and dealer get involved with this along with your third party service provider. I am thinking between the group and some factor engineering support, there may be a resolution.

As daniel stated Relocation of the F-10 fuse will keep the base controller on all the time bypassing the HMI. I am not sure what this will do for you in regards to correcting the issue permanently.

Fireblade02
27-03-2008, 09:45 PM
so i will try tommorow at first this! but for sure its not the rihgt way to solve the problem- if its work it should give me time to search for a better way.
many thanks- good idea.
I'll report what happens

DaButcher
28-03-2008, 01:55 AM
so i will try tommorow at first this! but for sure its not the rihgt way to solve the problem- if its work it should give me time to search for a better way.
many thanks- good idea.
I'll report what happens

Please do let us know what the long term solution is, interesting problem solving here. :cool:

Fireblade02
28-03-2008, 08:11 PM
i didn't try just read the bible ( green manual) :-) so that wasn't a good idea. if you change the Fuse 10 to down position its only for emergency like the HMI broke down and you have no possibilities to change anything. normally the machine is working as the last instructions ( setpoint...). Doesnt't help me! :-(

absolute-zero
30-03-2008, 06:22 PM
i didn't try just read the bible ( green manual) :-) so that wasn't a good idea. if you change the Fuse 10 to down position its only for emergency like the HMI broke down and you have no possibilities to change anything. normally the machine is working as the last instructions ( setpoint...). Doesnt't help me! :-(

Yes thats what relocating the F-10 fuse on the interface board will do. the base controller will always be powered up and control what ever the HMI commanded it to do via setpoint cycle sentry or continouse run mode.

Fireblade02
01-04-2008, 11:32 PM
I knew, but while troubleshooting, triing to find a solution my thoughts will grap at this time for every small idea. I think i need a bit distance but the customer is calling two times a week and TK has no good advice

absolute-zero
02-04-2008, 03:04 PM
I knew, but while troubleshooting, triing to find a solution my thoughts will grap at this time for every small idea. I think i need a bit distance but the customer is calling two times a week and TK has no good advice

Here will be some good advice from a member of RE, Go back to the Trac-King system as it has proven to work before, and will continue to work in the future.

A-Z

Fireblade02
07-04-2008, 11:08 PM
would be no problem if our europe telefon- providers had nearly same costs- levels than u have in the states- thats the main problem because we are much more expensive than u . Second : do u have directly submitt to solve problems with the telematics ?

Reeferjon
09-04-2008, 04:16 PM
Can you tell me what port the i-Box is tied into and if DPD is connected or active High/Low.

Fireblade02
09-04-2008, 09:23 PM
Can you tell me what port the i-Box is tied into and if DPD is connected or active High/Low.
please tell me more - i don't understand DPD... i-Box is plugged on CAN-bus on relayboard/ controller No 1. No 3 is already the hmi. while using track king you set the baudrate down to 1200. Also DPS is connected. The HMI searches for the best baudrate . could i help?

Reeferjon
11-04-2008, 10:42 AM
Fireblade.....I think you will probably get better results taking the unit to a TK dealer......

But it could be a couple of things.

1. I-box must be above rev 5308
2. DPD must be connected.
3 Third-party firmware must support and send 'stay-alive' commands...PID204.

I suggest you find the 'green book' TK53242

:)

TDI
12-04-2008, 11:18 AM
fireblade
do u have a solution for the problem now?
if not contact me :D

Fireblade02
14-04-2008, 09:35 PM
hi reeferjon, u got the problem what want to go around: the stay alive command fails. software is the newest , thanks for remaining. could u tell me any tk dealer in europe solved this problem? the problem is known up till the VIP of service. no feedback since weeks only to use the trac king. that helps me much to make the customer friendly

Fireblade02
14-04-2008, 09:36 PM
fireblade
do u have a solution for the problem now?
if not contact me :D
funny- but at first understand the problem!!! :mad::D

abbsnowman
15-04-2008, 05:51 AM
Oooh, heating up the topic?
This could get fun.:)

absolute-zero
15-04-2008, 07:09 AM
funny- but at first understand the problem!!! :mad::D

Hang in there F-B, Im sure there is a solution around the corner.;)

fridgie37
05-05-2008, 04:46 AM
Hi There,
What is the Kit no. for the ibox you are fitting their is a difference between to micro's.
We have just finished fitting 14 to SR2 with no problems.

Mark

ICD
28-01-2009, 04:44 AM
additional: Software B007, 6512, 5308

Hi Fireblade

I have a factory set SR2 i-box with revision 5307, the fridge unit has been flashed to B007 and 6512.
Problem is I can see the i-box in wintrac but cannot update anything on it. Looking for the firware 5309 if anybody might have it which I think it might need
to function correctly

thank in advance
ICD