PDA

View Full Version : testing pumps

Matty
19-03-2008, 06:45 PM
hi all,
Does anyone have any tips for testing the pumps fitted in daikin ceiling cassettes ? at present i drop the door take off the fan guard/grill and syphon from a bottle above the unit with a pece of braided hose onto the coil.......does anyone know a quicker way as i have 20 to do this week !!!!

LRAC
19-03-2008, 06:56 PM
hi all,
Does anyone have any tips for testing the pumps fitted in daikin ceiling cassettes ? at present i drop the door take off the fan guard/grill and syphon from a bottle above the unit with a pece of braided hose onto the coil.......does anyone know a quicker way as i have 20 to do this week !!!!

We all do it this way if all else fails ditch a/c and turn to refrigeration.

The Viking
19-03-2008, 07:11 PM
One word....

Garden-sprayer.

Fill it up, pump it up and open the valve to fill the driptray. No need to remove fan-guards.

Can be picked up for about £20 from most garden centres.

Brian_UK
19-03-2008, 07:16 PM
The proper tool, apart from the Vikings' sprayer, is a plastic bottle with a bent discharge tube.

You put the tube over the drain tray and squeeze.

But truthfully the sprayer is the best thing for it.

Matty
19-03-2008, 09:56 PM
but I cant get to the drip tray in these new units...they used to have a small knock out, but its not there anymore ???
The proper tool, apart from the Vikings' sprayer, is a plastic bottle with a bent discharge tube.

You put the tube over the drain tray and squeeze.

But truthfully the sprayer is the best thing for it.

Brian_UK
19-03-2008, 10:24 PM
Do you mean the small access panel that was screwed on near the drain out pipe?

With a sprayer you can just direct the flow at the coil face so you can do it through the fan blade.

Matty
19-03-2008, 10:44 PM
yeah I did, its now sealed...thanks once again guys, its off to b&q I go......
Do you mean the small access panel that was screwed on near the drain out pipe?

With a sprayer you can just direct the flow at the coil face so you can do it through the fan blade.

transit 1
20-03-2008, 07:39 PM
hi there i remove 2 screws below flare nuts and remove flap .on new round type ,and use a peace of 1" 1/4 plastic pipe with ninety bend on and fill with what ever .this is the fastest way i think

Daikin=Overated
21-03-2008, 05:38 PM
If I could add my 2 cence worth by saying..........

Be careful when spraying up through the fan scroll area, same as you would with your evap-coil cleaning procedure when using the trusty pump sprayer poking around the inner tray. As obvious as it sounds make sure you get the angle correct-avoid hitting the metal brackets/covers inside that seperate the areas of the coil. Otherwise the spray will bounce back all over you at best, worse case the spray will work it's way around the tray and down to the PCB compartment and connections!!:eek:

Just go easy, especially if removing the nozzle on the spray.............though I do the same!

Also, at this time of year the majority of the cassettes would be in heating I pressume? which means your going to be getting a load of dry flakey crap waiting to disolodge when you add the water to test the pumps. I'd be inclined to spray a suitable mild coil cleaning solution through the tray whilst your at it. You can charge a little extra for that, especially if you've the time to give the evap coils a little going over whilst your there!!;)

20 Daikins!! Bloody hell, I don't envy you. Best of luck anyway!

J.

stuartwking
21-03-2008, 08:35 PM
Hi,All the boys up here have a garden sprayer from b and q, remove the spray nozzle and bend the straight pipe so you can hook the tip up through the air discharge on a 4 way blow, then just add a little at a time till the pump starts. I have used lots of different things different ways and find the garden sprayer the quickest and best way to test all condensate drains.,,. cost 15 pounds, and pretty robust..