PDA

View Full Version : Computers and transport fridge

alpha
18-03-2008, 04:30 AM
How do you all get on with laptops and transport fridge with associated peripherals?

I've recently had to program a few incab printers and it was a pain in the backside really for one reason or another, I won in the end!

I'm also quiet interested in Carrier and Tk software, I have seen a few screenshots but nothing in the flesh, how integrated are laptops into the brains of the big diesels, what can you see?

abbsnowman
04-04-2008, 06:21 AM
You can pretty much see anything you want. All the logging you want as well as there are parameters of the machine itself that can be programmed.
They have come a long way in the past few years.

absolute-zero
07-04-2008, 04:21 PM
How do you all get on with laptops and transport fridge with associated peripherals?

I've recently had to program a few incab printers and it was a pain in the backside really for one reason or another, I won in the end!

I'm also quiet interested in Carrier and Tk software, I have seen a few screenshots but nothing in the flesh, how integrated are laptops into the brains of the big diesels, what can you see?

Transport refrigeration units have not gone to Electronic controlled engines as of yet. Still using mechanical fuel injection pumps and Injectors.

There is a couple sensors on the engine that will report back to the base micro controller, for either engine protection and or refrigeration sytem protection via units with ETV.

They are digital or analog as followed: Engine water temp sensor, oil pressure sensor and or switch, engine flywheel sensor, oil level switch, coolant level sensor or switch. Engine speed is controlled by electromagnetic solenoid, not a variable throttle position, but rather fixed two speeds. low speed and High speed.

Engine sensors will be the analog feed, and swithches will be digital feed.

A-Z

Fireblade02
07-04-2008, 10:48 PM
Transport refrigeration units have not gone to Electronic controlled engines as of yet. Still using mechanical fuel injection pumps and Injectors.

There is a couple sensors on the engine that will report back to the base micro controller, for either engine protection and or refrigeration sytem protection via units with ETV.

They are digital or analog as followed: Engine water temp sensor, oil pressure sensor and or switch, engine flywheel sensor, oil level switch, coolant level sensor or switch. Engine speed is controlled by electromagnetic solenoid, not a variable throttle position, but rather fixed two speeds. low speed and High speed.

Engine sensors will be the analog feed, and swithches will be digital feed.

A-Z
your last sentence should be explained to the special unit- don't you think so ? you're working more than 5 years on this job- sorry. If i misunderstood i appologize ( if you only talked about TGVI....and higher)

absolute-zero
09-04-2008, 06:11 PM
your last sentence should be explained to the special unit- don't you think so ? you're working more than 5 years on this job- sorry. If i misunderstood i appologize ( if you only talked about TGVI....and higher)

Huh???? I am just saying diesel engines have not gone to electronic control in TK or CTC.

Do you know of something out there, that does not support my statement?