PDA

View Full Version : carpigiani ice cream machine temp settings

superwhippy
17-03-2008, 01:55 AM
Hello all ! I've just joined the RE forum in the hope that i can pick some brains. Im a mechanical engineer and have just purchased an ice cream van to help pay for our mortgage as house prices are so high in the uk i figured this may help us increase our income. I didnt realise how expensive these things are to repair though parts prices are mad.
Anyway the machine is a twin barrel carpigiani and looks in pretty good nick and it produces ice cream really well the thing is the refrigeration compressor ( bock fx2 ) cuts in and out litterally every 2 to 3 seconds is this normal??:confused: or is the cut out switch overly sensitive? i thought it should take a little longer before engaging the compressor once it has reached temperature.
I have been searching for a maintenance manual but cant get one anywhere. if any body has one i would like to buy it. Thanks in advance for any advice cheers iain:)

Brian_UK
17-03-2008, 02:18 AM
The UK website doesn't seem too helpful and Carpigiani seem keen to keep everything under wraps.

You might try the American website where you can register as a technician and perhaps get some technical information...

http://www.carpigiani-usa.com/technicians.php?new=1

superwhippy
17-03-2008, 02:31 AM
Hey Thanks Brian for the advice I have just done that, now waiting for them to activate my account..fingers crossed! cheers again iain

The Viking
17-03-2008, 02:34 AM
First of all,

Have you checked (with a volt meeter) that it's the thermostat cutting it in and out?

I never looked at one of these machines myself but it's likely that there is other controls on it as well (High pressure and Low pressure switches comes to mind)

Just a thought.

superwhippy
17-03-2008, 03:24 AM
Thanks for the info Viking nice website. cheers iain

mr whippy
01-05-2008, 11:22 AM
hi super whippy the cut out switch will cut out every 2-3 seconds once ice cream gets to the temp it set at, once you start dispensing ice cream she shouldn`t cut out as quick. if you turn the cut out screw 1 full turn clock wise it will stop her banging in and out every other second.

simply
14-02-2010, 11:56 PM
hi super whippy the cut out switch will cut out every 2-3 seconds once ice cream gets to the temp it set at, once you start dispensing ice cream she shouldn`t cut out as quick. if you turn the cut out screw 1 full turn clock wise it will stop her banging in and out every other second.
sorry to ask mr whippy but iam in the same boat, where is the screw

neymorniqt
02-05-2010, 06:11 PM
I am having a problem with operating a soft serve machine with the generator.From the soft serve machine manufacturer they tell me it is a electrical problem.
The problem is usually when the machine starts cycle the numbers on the display goes up and that means the ice cream in the cylinders is freezing and will be ready to use.when you run the machine on generator for a while i get the problem when the ice cream machine starts counting the numbers on the display(the numbers indicating it is freezing ice cream in cyl) opposite and the condensor's fan starts working all the time and is blowing cool air.I stop the machine and after a while starts working properly till the next hour or 45 minutes .
Then i call the manufacturer of the ice cream m and they say not enouf power.
the 15 kw should be fine for the equipment i have(19 cubik refrigerator ,5 cubik freezer +air conditioner + counter top ice cream machine and water heater)
If the power is good what the problem is?
They said :You need constant polarity to run the ice cream machine and thats the only time the machine starts counting backword when the polarity is not constant.
I this case I don't know what the problem is ???
Is it the power or the ice cream machine is damaged????

jsimon
04-05-2010, 08:23 PM
you lucky you brought a van with a bock comp cream should be out at around -15c
adjust the cut out screw on the back
if it keeps cutting in and out this is usually the solinoid or comp letting by make sure the condenser is clean