PDA

View Full Version : reciprocating compressor taking heavy jerks on starting

praveen
16-03-2008, 12:31 PM
Hi All,

M working in data center cooling.
whenever i start the system compressor take heavy jerks & it is not taking start.If i try 6-7 times it start & cooling is good but after working 1 hour it again trips going low suction pressure.
I believe liquid is entering inside the compressor.

Kindly suggest the possible other reasons.

thank You
Praveen:confused:

powell
16-03-2008, 02:05 PM
praveen,

More information is required to help you out. Compressor model number would be nice, actual voltage at the job, refrigerant, application and the compressors pressures, temperatures and amperage.

My SWAG theory would be that it's possibly related to pressure equalization and/or starting components/voltage if it's single phase.

Regards...............Powell

Brian_UK
16-03-2008, 02:06 PM
Does it have a crankcase heater to keep the oil refrigerant free?

What type of compressor is it ?

Is it single phase DOL starting or three phase DOL/star delta/part winding start?

Are the contactors in good shape, no damaged contact surfaces?

Kh1971
16-03-2008, 02:07 PM
Hi,

Please check the power supply since we have this probelm lot here , one phase out

Gary
16-03-2008, 04:27 PM
praveen,

More information is required to help you out. Compressor model number would be nice, actual voltage at the job, refrigerant, application and the compressors pressures, temperatures and amperage.

My SWAG theory would be that it's possibly related to a pressure equalization and/or starting components/voltage if it's single phase.

Regards...............Powell

Add to that the relative location of the components. Is the evaporator higher than the condensing unit?