PDA

View Full Version : Bryant geothermal heat pump dehumidfier

Backhertz
16-03-2008, 03:44 AM
Hi,
Was wondering if any here is familiar with a new type of dehumidifier on a Bryant GT-PX geothermal heat pump. My home sizes out with a cooling load of 3 tons. The heating load is more, I forget the number, I believe it is more like 4.5 tons.
However, the general I understand is to size the systems as base on the cooling load in order to permit the system to effectively dehumidify the air. But with a dehumidification option, I wonder if I could increase my system to 4.5 tons and with the dehumidification option, be able to both heat & effectively cool without having to use the electrical backup heaters. Anyone know? Thanks!

Here is a short explanation from bryantgeo.com:

Whole House Dehumidification Option
Unlike other dehumidifiers, which require an external unit and an additional compressor (“the box”), all Whole House Dehumidifi cation components are inside
the Bryant unit. Plus, Whole House Dehumidification uses heat that would have been rejected to the ground for reheating the air, making Whole House
Dehumidification the most efficient method for dehumidifi cation available today.
Why is dehumidification important? Figure 2 shows the potential health effects of excess humidity. Potential structure or furnishing damage may result from high humidity levels, as well. Indoor air quality is a major concern of experts with today’s construction
techniques. Tightly-built homes usually require some amount of fresh air to dilute pollutants from carpeting, furnishing and people. Even when fresh air is introduced, the indoor air quality may suffer in the summer time due to the added humidity of the outside air. Few residential air conditioning systems are
designed to handle these conditions. Whole House Dehumidification, on the other hand, can operate as a whole house dehumidifier, or it can operate in
the air conditioning or heating modes as required by the thermostat. Whole House Dehumidifi cation is so effective, a typical system can take 8.9 pounds [4.0 kilograms] of water per hour out of the air!