PDA

View Full Version : adjustment of parallel SPORLAN SORIT-20 EPRs

racktech2008
15-03-2008, 12:43 AM
Another one for the supermarket rack lovers:

I´m trying to adjust the operation of two SORIT-20 EPRs connected in parallel, that set the evaporator pressure in a rack circuit. According to the instructions I found in the rack log, I´m suppose to initially "reset" both of the EPRs by turning their adjustment screws all the way in, and then gradually turn them out, a little bit at a time, simultaneously. At first, both of the EPRs get similarly cold, but after a few hours, one gets colder and the other noticeable warmer. I´ve repeated the same procedure several times, with the same results.
Both inlet pilot screens are clean. The EPRS were recently overhauled: new pistons, sleeves, O rings, springs and gaskets. Solenoid coils were not replaced but seem to be working all right. Any other recommendations?

Brian_UK
15-03-2008, 02:00 AM
Are you setting the valves in accordance with the Sporlan instruction/installation documents?

Are you using a pressure guage when setting them or just hoping that you have adjusted them the same amount?

750 Valve
15-03-2008, 04:12 AM
so you have 2 sorits in parallel on the ONE suction line? As Brian suggested are you going by the pressure, personally I would reduce the evap load, suction stop one at a time and set each one individually using a pressure guage at the SST required for the cases or rooms on the circuit.

racktech2008
16-03-2008, 03:24 AM
Thank you very much for your interest.

I´m indeed checking the evaporators pressure with a gauge at the EPR inlet port while making the adjustments.
I think you just gave me an adjustment procedure that might solve my problem: close the suction stop valve on one of the EPRs, forcing all flow through the other leg of the parallel configuration, and proceed to adjust the pressure on the EPR on this leg to the desired value. Then redo the same thing to the other leg. I´ll try it and inform you of the results.

750 Valve
16-03-2008, 12:08 PM
no worries mate, should work a treat, just monitor each valve for a while to be sure they stay where you set them, I've found SORITs to be good though.. an ORIT - well, different story

racktech2008
19-03-2008, 01:36 AM
Thank you fellows for your helpful hints. I proceeded as instructed by your comments, initially closing one of the legs of the parallel configuration in order to adjust the SORIT on the opened leg. Then repeated the procedure for the other SORIT. They seem to be working all right now. As you said, while making the adjustments, it´s important to wait until pressures get stable.

750 Valve
19-03-2008, 12:03 PM
Glad to be of help to you

mkh
10-04-2009, 04:46 AM
Please tell me what is the difference between an ORIT and a SORIT. Why are you calling these EPRs.

Brian_UK
10-04-2009, 01:30 PM
Please tell me what is the difference between an ORIT and a SORIT. Why are you calling these EPRs.
A look at the manufacturers literature will answer that question.

Supertech87
11-04-2009, 07:59 AM
A orit simply stands for opens on a rise of inlet pressure and a sorit stands for solenoid stop opens on a rise of inlet pressure and they do hold back the pressure keeping it hire as needed than rack pressure by controlling suction pressure you regulate the temp of the evaporator.

jack smith
11-04-2009, 11:29 AM
any1 know how i post a thread cant seem to find it sorry for jumping in

Brian_UK
11-04-2009, 11:53 AM
any1 know how i post a thread cant seem to find it sorry for jumping in
Hi Jack,

1, Click on "FORUMS" button on blue line under the site name, top left.

2. Scroll down and click on a forum section title that you want to start your thread in.

3. Click on "NEW THREAD" at the top of the section list.

jack smith
12-04-2009, 01:29 AM
thanks 4 that brian