PDA

View Full Version : Fcu Inside Electrical/ups Rooms

popi
13-03-2008, 05:32 PM
HI there...

Can anybody tell me if its permitted to place a FCU inside electrical room and UPS room?? As far as I know only split unit is allowed inside electrical rooms... What about UPS rooms? Can you please inform me?? Is any NFPA rule that gives this information??

Thanks!!!!:)

Brian_UK
13-03-2008, 07:57 PM
What difference is there between an FCU and a split that makes you query this?

As far as I know they both contain the same items, or is your FCU a water cooled one perhaps?

popi
14-03-2008, 07:59 AM
Thank you for your answer...

The FCU is connecting to a air-cooled chiller...does this makes difference??the type of the FCU depends on the type of the chiller that will be used?? Can you please tell me the chilled water pipes on the fcu are not dangerous to run inside the lectrical room??what about drainage??

thnaks

Electrocoolman
14-03-2008, 07:21 PM
Just a couple of thoughts,

Are there batteries in the UPS room or are they located separately?
If lead acid, then atmosphere could be corrosive and explosive, which would necessitate special equipment.

popi
14-03-2008, 08:41 PM
Thank you for your answer... i want to ask in the electrical room with 7 distribution boards and cable trays uncovered is permitted???

Brian_UK
15-03-2008, 12:17 AM
All chilled water pipework and refrigerant pipework should be insulated and vapour sealed.

There should not be any condensation problems if it is done properly.

Condensate drainage from the FCU or Split should also be installed correctly.

Makeit go Right
19-03-2008, 01:54 PM
If your customer is worried about potential water leaks, mount the (water)FCU outside the room and run supply & extract ductwork into the room.