PDA

View Full Version : training advice

jmc
11-03-2008, 12:13 PM
hello everybody,I am new to this site and I'm glad that I have found it, very helpful.
I am 40 yrs old and have been working with an experienced (34 yrs he tells me) selfemployed aircon installer for a good year now, I find it very interesting, I have completed several short courses up in Doncaster where I have learnt a great deal.
Now I would like to progress further and am keen to study for the RVQ or NVQ level 2, I would like to do this by distance learning if possible.I have seen previous threads where a similar question was asked and a moderator had got in touch with the enquirer directly, very helpful but I don't know what was said.Can anybody out there give me some advice,thanks very much.

taz24
11-03-2008, 12:25 PM
hello everybody,I am new to this site and I'm glad that I have found it, very helpful.
I am 40 yrs old and have been working with an experienced (34 yrs he tells me) selfemployed aircon installer for a good year now, I find it very interesting, I have completed several short courses up in Doncaster where I have learnt a great deal.
Now I would like to progress further and am keen to study for the RVQ or NVQ level 2, I would like to do this by distance learning if possible.I have seen previous threads where a similar question was asked and a moderator had got in touch with the enquirer directly, very helpful but I don't know what was said.Can anybody out there give me some advice,thanks very much.

Did you train with Polar Pumps in Donny or Techtrain?
Both good trainers but like you have found out they do not do NVQ.
Give the college in Grimsby a ring and talk to the Guys there. They now do level 2 and 3 distance learning.

All the Best

taz.

jmc
11-03-2008, 12:44 PM
excellent thankyou for the advice, it was techtrain.
jason

wilks
07-05-2008, 11:09 PM
Did you train with Polar Pumps in Donny or Techtrain?
Both good trainers but like you have found out they do not do NVQ.
Give the college in Grimsby a ring and talk to the Guys there. They now do level 2 and 3 distance learning.

All the Best

taz.

sorry taz if this is a stupid question but how do you do distance learning??

taz24
09-05-2008, 12:04 AM
sorry taz if this is a stupid question but how do you do distance learning??

Hi Wilks.

Distance learning is like open university.
You go on line and do all your tuition on line. You have assisstance with the learning in person and you have site visits and proffesional discussions to prove you meet all the criteria.

You still have to do the exams in a college or somwhere like that but the learning is done at your own leasure.

Cheers taz.

avalon
01-08-2008, 10:58 AM
Hi, I notice some mention of Techtrain here. I am thinking about doing some courses with them, would they be suitable for an electrician trying to expand into domestic/light commercial refrigeration repairs.

Of course I do realise I will have to do further training but I am just looking for a starting point. I am returning to Scotland soon and moving to an area with no ref eng coverage without a 6hr trip involved.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

catcher22
04-08-2008, 02:21 PM
HI JMC
Try icslearn.co.uk
They do distance learning.
Mark

Mish
04-08-2008, 07:41 PM
Hi, I notice some mention of Techtrain here. I am thinking about doing some courses with them, would they be suitable for an electrician trying to expand into domestic/light commercial refrigeration repairs.

Of course I do realise I will have to do further training but I am just looking for a starting point. I am returning to Scotland soon and moving to an area with no ref eng coverage without a 6hr trip involved.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Hi
im an electrical engineer and i done a couple of refrigeration/brazing courses at Techtrain in Doncaster. Very good. Imformative, relaxed.
Id recommend them

avalon
04-08-2008, 08:56 PM
Hi
im an electrical engineer and i done a couple of refrigeration/brazing courses at Techtrain in Doncaster. Very good. Imformative, relaxed.
Id recommend them

Hi Mish, Thanks for your reply much appreciated. I am waiting on Techtrain getting back to me with details.

marc5180
06-08-2008, 05:01 PM
I've just completed my NVQ level 2 via distance learning, can wholey reccomend it:D

taz24
06-08-2008, 07:26 PM
Hi Mish, Thanks for your reply much appreciated. I am waiting on Techtrain getting back to me with details.

Techtrain are an excelent training provider.
They are well equipeded and they do learning to suit your needs.
If you want to do an NVQ then you might need to look towards a college for that but for basic short refirgeration courses, refrigerant handleing, esential electric training and pipework and brazeing they are excelent providers.
If you want to do a short course that will give you the basics inrefrigeration then you will get a good service from both Techtrain and Polar pumps.

cheers taz.