PDA

View Full Version : Hi All... I am New here and I could really use some help...

David45Morton
11-03-2008, 04:17 AM
Need second opinion for this Carrier Unit I am working on.

Hi... I am Dave, and I am new here

I guess you can say that I am second guessing myself here and I am slightly embarrassed.. But I need some help... And here is what I need from you all if it is possible.....

I am a certified A/C and Heating Technican... I graduated from RSI, (Refrigeration School Institute),Institute in Phoenix.. I am asking for a second opinion of which the first is my opinion... But I need your help if at all possible...

I have a Carrier roof top, A/C and Heating unit that has a Mother Board, (Control Board)... This board has an Error code detection light when something is wrong... It flashes 1 thru 8 error codes.... Now the particular errors are as follows... It listed 3 errors...
The inducer fan will not shot off to complete the shut down cycle after it reaches the Thermostat setting…. As the fan just keeps running until I turn off the main power. These are the error codes that are displayed on the Board before I shut off the main power…

1 flash.... Fan on/off delay modified
6 flashes.. Inducer switch fault
8 flashes.. Internal control fault

I have never had a unit show so many errors codes... But my opinion is that the Mother Board,(Control Board),is at fault and I need another Mother Board, (Control Board). Because the Fan Delay is internal to the board and also the Internal Control Fault is also part of the Board, and I also believe that the Inducer Control switch is also part of the board.... Can you confirm that I need a new board??? I do not want to replace the board with out a your advice first....

Carrier Roof Top... A/C n Heating unit

Model #..... 48SS-042080321
Serial #.... 4695G80613

Thank You,
David Morton...

wambat
11-03-2008, 07:46 AM
On a call for heat if limit sw. and rollout sw are closed igc safty logic will initiate ignition sequence then the ignition hi voltage transformer will create a 10,000 volt spark for 5 seconds and the gas valve will be open for 5 seconds if you get the burner on watch to make sure it doesn’t shut down on the limit switch but only on the thermostat
Go to page 81
http://www.docs.hvacpartners.com/idc/groups/public/documents/techlit/48_50a-6t.pdf
:)