PDA

View Full Version : dankin split.(r22)

sid
10-03-2008, 09:49 PM
hi guys,
i got a call to a dankin twin split today. its a old unit as it is r22.the problem being that it was going out on hp.

i checked the usal problems, like filter,coil and fan motors.on cooling it ran ok, pressures even seemed a bit low, nbut as soon as i put it on heating, it will onlt run for a couple of mins before going out on hp.

im going back tomorrow to have another look, can some one maby help me out please

cheers
sid

stuartwking
10-03-2008, 10:11 PM
Hi sid.I take it you ment Daikin??, Never herd of Dankin. Did you get the discharge pressure on heating?,.also did you check the 4 way valve was getting 240v and changing over?,.That would be where i would look first i guess.On the old RY100 units i have had a few faulty pressure switches though,, happy hunting.,,

sid
10-03-2008, 10:28 PM
sorry, not the best speller, ye the head pressure was going up to 25, 30 bar,so there differently is a prob somewhere.

cheers
simon

nike123
11-03-2008, 01:20 AM
First recover refrigerant and weigh recovered amount. If it is overcharged, weigh in correct amount and then check if evaporator and condenser TD is correct at max speed of both indoor units.

paul_h
11-03-2008, 04:10 AM
Indoor unit thermistor problem maybe?
Is the indoor fan starting up and running at normal speeds on heat mode?
Maybe reversing valve problem, tried tapping the r/v or disconnecting and reconnecting the coil wires to see if it's definitely operating the solenoid?

edit: multisplit! Make sure they are wired up right, the wiring may be crossed so the wrong indoor unit is running.
Run both indoors and see if the problem goes away because the right indoor fan is running
If you have high HP you either aren't getting any heat rejection from the coil (fan operation)
Or you have a blocked discharge line (r/v, "suction" line restriction at service valve, kinked pipe, blocked distributor in the indoor coil)

sid
11-03-2008, 07:15 PM
thanks everyone

Cooley man
11-03-2008, 08:04 PM
First recover refrigerant and weigh recovered amount. If it is overcharged, weigh in correct amount and then check if evaporator and condenser TD is correct at max speed of both indoor units.
Make sure there is no 2 way filter on liquid line, could be blocked 1 way, also over charged and with air inside caused this to happen to our chaps last week, happy hunting