PDA

View Full Version : ics training do i or dnt i

leegally1983
10-03-2008, 08:20 PM
Hi ive been in the game now for 5 years now worked for 2 companies, i started as a trainee and now a service engineer and like to think im good at it. I attended Bradford college nvq level 2, i wasnt impressed with the course and wouldnt recomend it. I would like a good qualification but a home study one as i have family commitments, ive found only 1 which is ics course has anyone completed it who could give me some feedback.
Thanks

taz24
10-03-2008, 08:46 PM
Hi ive been in the game now for 5 years now worked for 2 companies, i started as a trainee and now a service engineer and like to think im good at it. I attended Bradford college nvq level 2, i wasnt impressed with the course and wouldnt recomend it. I would like a good qualification but a home study one as i have family commitments, ive found only 1 which is ics course has anyone completed it who could give me some feedback.
Thanks

Don't know about ICS, can't say Ive heard of them.

As far as qualifications go level 2 and 3 NVQ are the ones reconised by industry. HNC and HND if you want to do design and management.

Short course's unless they are product specific are nether use nor ornament and wil only releave you of your money.

taz.

RatsPom
12-03-2008, 09:18 PM
Thanks

Hi, I'm doing the ICS Btech Adv Dip in Heating, Air Con and Refrigeration. Its an Edexcel (the same people who mark GCSE's A Levels etc)so its a pukka qualification. Going really well ....started in September 07 and I'm halfway through gaining 2 distinctions for my H & S and Heating assignments with 91 & 88% passes for the online multi choice exams, granted its all theory but if you've already done NVQ2 and work in the business already then this could be the one for you.

Mac

leegally1983
13-03-2008, 05:46 PM
Thanks you both for your input

improver No1
11-11-2010, 07:10 PM
I think grimsby college do a distance learning level 3 fridge and air con mate I'm gonna look into it once I finish my electrics

DTLarca
11-11-2010, 08:49 PM
Thanks

ICS do the BTEC Advanced Level 3 Series.

I did nearly 2 years of lecturing Level 3 and HND.

I will be putting our future trainees through 24 1 day lectures a year by myself plus at least 1 of the ICS Level 3 Advanced Diploma Courses. I do recommend the ICS course. Learning at the end of the day is what you make of it.

marc5180
12-11-2010, 05:41 PM
I've been thinking about taking the The BTEC Electronic Engineering course from ICS for a while now.

I think i'll take it after christmas next year, has anyone taken this before and if so was it worthwhile?

R55
18-07-2011, 04:21 PM
Hi mac, how are you getting on with this course? i've just started on my btec level 3 advanced diploma constrution with hvac.