PDA

View Full Version : temporary communication failure in supermarket rack controller

racktech2008
07-03-2008, 11:07 PM
One question for the rack experts.
The other night while checking remotely the overall status of a supermarket rack, my supervisor noticed that there were no readings for the high side and low side pressure. Additionally, temperature readings were like frozen at some particular value, without updating themselves every few minutes. He checked the configuration of the system and the indication was that none of the input/output boards were "online". He called me over the radio and asked me to go to the controller (CPC REFLECS), and turn it off for a while. After turning it back on, everything returned to normal, with all readings restored. Is this failure something common or I better prepare myself for a fatal system failure in the near future?

Springbok
07-03-2008, 11:35 PM
Hey racktech2008...i pressume that you're refering to the rack controller on the rack itself?Could be a dodgy relay or something,on the controller itself.If the pressure readings "froze" and the problem of the boards not being online,could come from the controller.

Switching it off and back on again just resets the controller.How old is the rack,and more specifically the controller?

supermarketguy
07-03-2008, 11:47 PM
Hi Racktech2008

what kind of cpc panel was it? Were you reading the parameters from the pack or from a front end display and what type of network cabiling does this system have?:confused:

regards

supermarketguy:D

racktech2008
08-03-2008, 02:19 AM
Good evening and thank you for your responses.

For sprinbok:
The controller is a CPC REFLECS which I believe is about nine years old. In fact, this controller is no longer being manufactured by CPC. The controller display (screen) is not working, so that the adjustments and checks are done by a direct connection to a PC (on site) or by means of a modem (remotely).

For supermarketguy:
The controller is a CPC REFLECS. And the wiring between the controller and input/output boards, as done by the factory, is with shielded twisted pair and three conductor cables. As the front end display does not operate, I read the parameters out of the PC screen through the use of the Ultrasite software.

petewa
09-03-2008, 11:35 AM
major failure is unlikley, go into password 400, hit 7 (contiguration), then 6 (host network) and it will bring up options to refresh network. it will count the 16ai, 8ro etc and will tell you which if any are missing

racktech2008
10-03-2008, 05:11 AM
Thak you all for your time and interest.

In another forum I'm member of, somemone mentioned that voltage supply fluctuations can cause communication failures between REFLECS and boards. I know that the rack controls include a monitor relay which protects against overvoltages, phase loss and phase reversal. But the purpose of this relay I guess is mainly to protect compressors, not to protect sensible digital cicuitry. Is there any device that can be used to protect the REFLECS itself?

nike123
10-03-2008, 08:00 AM
Thak you all for your time and interest.

In another forum I'm member of, somemone mentioned that voltage supply fluctuations can cause communication failures between REFLECS and boards. I know that the rack controls include a monitor relay which protects against overvoltages, phase loss and phase reversal. But the purpose of this relay I guess is mainly to protect compressors, not to protect sensible digital cicuitry. Is there any device that can be used to protect the REFLECS itself?

You could use UPS for PC!

750 Valve
11-03-2008, 03:28 AM
Has anyone changed any cards recently? Is the highway terminated at the last card? Pretty hard to diagnose with no screen and only PC as its good to see whether its the RMCC locked or just offline status of cards, my bet is that the RMCC locked up and probably had some issues after a power failure, I've seen many that won't reboot and either sit on the CPC startup screen with bootstrap loader or won't even get that far. I have an RMCC in a box for superheat setting large lineups that suffers this one regularly, I do what your supervisor said, powewr down and restart.

Chunk
11-03-2008, 10:04 PM
Do you have a power supply unit for the main controller?

On the majority of pack controllers here, the psu has different voltages to feed seperate controls.If one of the voltages is out slightly this can cause comms issues.

itsok77
23-04-2008, 09:16 PM
Hello! Everybody?
I have a question for rack sys control with cpc reflects and ACCURA 144+fax144.
I`d like to know how to start with my laptop or my pc. Does it need any softwares or programes are suppose to be setup before connect to the modem?
Or just simply connect laptop to the modem with wire?
This is my first time working with this kind of rack systems.hhh.
And how to deal with password with existing rack systems.
Please let me know.
Thanks a lot.

750 Valve
25-04-2008, 04:10 PM
You need ultra site to connect to all CPC controllers, here is the link to download it (http://emersonretailsolutions.com/library/ultrasite/usdownload.asp). It needs to be installed, a site created and the correct ports setup

You also need a special cable, it can be made up pretty easily out of a 9 pin serial cable though for free, I will try to find the pinout and wiring diagram for you, while on site I prefer to remove the modem connection inside the RMCC and connect my cable there - you only see that particular RMCC this way, you can also remove the 9/25 pin serial fron the modem, throw in a gender changer and connect at that point to see the whole network

itsok77
26-04-2008, 04:04 PM
Thank you!! 750 Valve.
I`ve checked the website you mentioned. But that download was just for up grade. Very first time users must purchased ultra site program which is about $ 600.
And how to access with previous password which is that nobody knows except ex contractor who has been quitted.
Thank you again.

750 Valve
27-04-2008, 09:17 AM
nah, once you have ultrasite there is a "backdoor" to get into it.

FYI a few common passwords are
standard ones - 100, 200, 300 and 400
store number - as in walmart store # 1330
contractors phone number - first or last digits
good old - 111, 222, 333, 444, 555, 666, 777, 888 and 999

hope you can get into it, sounds like you need ultra site though to go through the back door