PDA

View Full Version : How the refrigerator is less humid than outside

Abu Bakar
19-06-2003, 03:06 AM
I want to ask a very simple question. Why Refrigeration reduces the Relative humidity?

Following are my arguments.

Air outside the refrigerator is hotter. Hence is able to contain moe water than the air inside the refrigerator. Then, once we open the refrigerator then, the hot air goes inside the fridge. Then once we close it, this hot air experinces cold temperature. Since the temperature is reduced it will go to its dew point or closer to it. We know that at the dew point the air is almost 100% saturated. Even sometimes if we open the door, we see fog (or mist) coming out of the fridge.

Why is that so? Has it got to do something with the refrigerant?

Why then inside the home refrigerator it's dry?

Another thing, from the fundamental principle of refrigerator, we have seen that the refrigerant comes and exchanges heat and becomes gas and goes back to the compressor. Then the compressor compresses it and makes it liquid and then the pump pumps it back to the refrigerator. How it actually removes the relative humidity?

Final question is, should we keep the dry foods, like chips and cookies (foods that are crispy) inside the fridge since the humidity is lower than outside?

I would be really happy if you can explain my posetd questions. Thanks a lot for your help.