PDA

View Full Version : Charging Inverters

bangoman
07-03-2008, 08:32 AM
Wats The Best Way To Charge Inverters .Had an arguement Wit Sme Bloke At Work .He Reckons Can Charge Using Pressure By Reading Back Pressure Bt I Believe In Weighing In The Specified Mass Into The Sytem As Liquid Thenn Running The System .

Springbok
07-03-2008, 10:26 AM
Hey,bangoman,you're spot on.If you maybr repaired a leak or something,and you want to recharge,you should always weigh the correct refrigerant as recommended by the manufacturer.Best to charge liquid form when charging R410A or R407C.Hope it helps mate...

Inverter man
07-03-2008, 08:28 PM
Hello Bangoman, yours is the preferred method.
If you have text book conditions and the relevant conditions spec for a system, then I don't see why you can't charge by pressures but you need to look at other conditions such as super heats subcooling etc as well. Maybe your colleague has the ability to enshrine each system he works on in laboratory conditions. Hope this helps your arguement.

Kp3
07-03-2008, 10:25 PM
i always weigh the gas in once repaired a leak and vacced out never had a problem doing it this way.

superswill
07-03-2008, 11:45 PM
scales and following the manufactors factory charge and any additional charge using the manufactures formula, I see it as some bloke far far more inelegant than me has taken the time when designing the system to work this out so iam sure as hell using it

bangoman
08-03-2008, 05:21 AM
thanxs buddies .

momo
09-03-2008, 12:48 AM
Weigh it in.
The delicately balanced design of leaving some liquid in the the last pipes of A/C condensers is important.
With switched units you can get the feel of the systems: the current environmental and load conditions and with SH SC and pressure add and remove refrigerant.
Not so with "intelligent! inverters they will change speed, switch fans etc. according to what they measure as their operating parameters and it can be like playing chess with only part of the pieces visible !

bangoman
09-03-2008, 09:52 AM
momo ! I like ur response, these things are intelligent for sure and u bound to loose the game of chess.