PDA

View Full Version : Humidity Too High

tijojo
07-03-2008, 05:33 AM
HI everyone, I have an evaporator coil of a cooling tower wich is for a 1200 square feet area . The humidity inside is about 80% so I would like to decrease it . The customer used a humidifier inside the cooling place ,he got about 1 gallon of water every single day . He doesn't want to change the size of the unit.
Can somebody help me on this ,please?

powell
07-03-2008, 06:23 AM
HI everyone, I have an evaporator coil of a cooling tower wich is for a 1200 square feet area . The humidity inside is about 80% so I would like to decrease it . The customer used a humidifier inside the cooling place ,he got about 1 gallon of water every single day . He doesn't want to change the size of the unit.
Can somebody help me on this ,please?

I'm not sure what you are referring to when you state "evaporator coil of a cooling tower"........a chiiled water evap maybe? Can you give us more information on the actual equipment you have along with temperatures.

And I suppose you meant de-humidifier.

The way to decrease the humidity in a cooler with conventional refrigeration is to increase the evap TD which relates to using a smaller evap...which will lower the SST... which will decrease the capacity..........or if it is a chilled water system, increase the water flow to increase the btuh capacity which will increase the evap TD.

There aint no magic.;)

Let us know what you have.

tijojo
07-03-2008, 06:30 AM
Thank You . It Is A Chiller Water System . I Thank My Company Increased The Evaporator Coil. May Be That's Why We Get That Problem.
What Do You Think?

Brian_UK
07-03-2008, 10:58 PM
Thank You . It Is A Chiller Water System . I Thank My Company Increased The Evaporator Coil. May Be That's Why We Get That Problem.
What Do You Think?
I don't think that you have provided enough information for anybody to reach any sensible conclusion.

Water flow rates, water temperatures, air temperatues etc.

Gary
08-03-2008, 12:35 AM
I don't mean to be offensive, but at this point, you don't seem to know enough about refrigeration to be able to properly describe the system you are working on, or to ask questions that make sense.

praveen
16-03-2008, 01:56 PM
What Do You Think?
Hi

if in simple words you want to decrease RH level inside the conditioned space.
*airflow reduction will help if you have modulating type blower/fan.
*Increase in return air temperature will also reduce RH level.1 deg increase will result in 3-5% RH drop.
*Give moisture barrier treatment to the room walls.
*Make sure room is Air tight with no air exchange.
*decrease inlet chilled water temperature.
* check for the room heat load if heat load is less than the design RH level would increase.

let me know again.

Regards
Praveen :cool:

Gary
16-03-2008, 05:11 PM
What it comes down to is supply air wetbulb temperature, which if measured close to the coil is almost identical to drybulb temperature. In order to maintain 50% RH, this temperature needs to be about 20F/11K lower than the room temperature. The supply air temperature can be regulated by chilled water temperature and/or blower speed.