PDA

View Full Version : Samsung Rs21dcns

gromit
06-03-2008, 12:32 PM
Hi All,

As a newbie I have noted there are a number of posters with the same problem as me.

Namely the fridge side of the Samsung RS21DCNS keeps freezing up and blocking the water dispenser.

I followed the advice on checking for fault codes and mine is giving the middle dash on the far right hand indicator, does anyone know what this means?

And on another point, if you guys who repair these fridges think there is a design problem with them are samsung doing anything about it?

Thanks in advance

paul_h
07-03-2008, 02:58 PM
defrost error, your fridge isn't defrosting, it's turning into a block of ice, hence your water tank is freezing and blocking up.
Thermal fuse is blown (it's a safety fuse, maybe the defrost sensor didn't stop the heater, so they kept running until the fuse blew), or the heater is burnt out.
so check thermal fuse and heater for continuity, once replaced, check defrost sensor for terminating defrost cycle.

gromit
07-03-2008, 05:53 PM
Thanks paul,

found thermal fuse and it had blown, spares ordered.:)

paul_h
07-03-2008, 06:43 PM
Check to make sure it didn't just blow because the coil defrost sensor didn't terminate defrost in time.
ie, bridge thermal fuse out, force defrost, check heater amp draw and make sure the system turns itself off when coil defrosted.