PDA

View Full Version : Just a word.......or 2

ChillyZ
06-03-2008, 09:39 AM
Hi to all who use this site for updates,gen.discussion in their field or just to see,look or review the info posted on these forums.Not being a new member but not ever having posted anything I will consider myself a newbie.

Let me say that the field you(we) service has to be one of the utmost important.Not just residential comfort but heavy industrial,Agricultural and basically our survival in this rat race.I commend all of you for your diligent efforts to supply your customers with your expertise and your knowledge in your fields to resolve their problems.

I'm not getting too wishy washy here I hope.

I want to pose a question to all of you with my dilemma. My issue is that I hold a license to service and install res.and comm.heating and cooling equip. but having a current job or career, if you want to call it that, I find myself not knowing if I can make that move to a full time career within this field.

I've only been in this for a few years but because I only do it on a part time basis I feel I'm getting too far behind in keeping up with new Tech.in the field. I don't think that I'm too old to switch jobs.

Having worked in the tech. service field for 20+ years I think I can still contribute, it's just that not knowing that I'm struggling with.

I love the field and wish I could do more but I guess it's making that leap of faith that I'm having issues with. Any thoughts,New or old timers?

Thanks.

Springbok
06-03-2008, 01:47 PM
Hey mate.One is never too old for this trade.Whether still getting your hands dirty,or just sharing your experiences and knowledge as an old veteran,every piece of information and detail shared is valuable.

On this site there are guys who have been working many years in the trade,as well as new apprentices just picking up their first tool.Since the HVACR trade is so diverse,especially that its benefitting from the technology we use today,it makes it more interesting and gives you that extra boost of motivation to just want to know more.

True that you say the planet is very dependent on our trade.If each individual just gives 100% all the time,it can become the most respected trade there is.Other than that,thanks for your post.Keep it up....:D

Grizzly
06-03-2008, 11:30 PM
Hey mate.One is never too old for this trade.Whether still getting your hands dirty,or just sharing your experiences and knowledge as an old veteran,every piece of information and detail shared is valuable.

On this site there are guys who have been working many years in the trade,as well as new apprentices just picking up their first tool.Since the HVACR trade is so diverse,especially that its benefitting from the technology we use today,it makes it more interesting and gives you that extra boost of motivation to just want to know more.

True that you say the planet is very dependent on our trade.If each individual just gives 100% all the time,it can become the most respected trade there is.Other than that,thanks for your post.Keep it up....:D

This Man will go far.. Despite refering to someone of
44 as being a Veteran..

Grizzly

Gary
06-03-2008, 11:38 PM
You kids crack me up... Mom will be 94 next week... now that's old (don't tell her I said that)... LOL

Grizzly
07-03-2008, 12:01 AM
NICE TO SEE YOU HAVE STILL GOT YOUR SENCE OF HUMOUR THEN GARY!
" I SAID.. NICE TO SEE YOU HAVE GOT .......

from a veteran to a kid in 1 night ...Wow!
aka Grizzly