PDA

View Full Version : vrf compressor

kerrcell
05-03-2008, 06:39 PM
Came across a shorted to earth inverter compressor in a dual compressor vrf system.One is inverter ,the 2nd a normal type.Now I decided to keep system running to put a dummy load to as if the comporessor is still running to make the 2nd compressor start up after some time.How long can the ysstem be run in this set up without damages to the second compressor ?

nike123
05-03-2008, 06:45 PM
It cannot work like that because depending on indoor capacity change you need to match that change at outdoor unit. Without inverter compressor you cannot change outdoor unit capacity and you are going to experience lot of safety functions to be activated (low pressure, high pressure etc..).

stuartwking
05-03-2008, 07:17 PM
Hi Kerrcall. What type of unit is it your talking about?,. I have Daikins vrvs running on one comp for two months with no worries.

kerrcell
05-03-2008, 07:24 PM
Guys this is a mitsubishi heavy industries.The load rises and decreases for three times and falls down to 45% of load,then the 2nd compressor enters.What I would like to know is for how long the vrf can be run this way .The inverter compressor is already ordered,and may take to 3 weeks.