16-06-2003, 12:20 AM
any one got any funny storys of calls you have been on like crazy customers est

bernie
16-06-2003, 04:36 AM
Lately its been all business, no fun.
I could use a good laugh!

herefishy
16-06-2003, 03:01 PM
Have you heard about my recent new-hire that worked for me for about six weeks?

Whithin this time, He had:

Destroyed three lowside manifold guages (mine, his, and my apprentices) using compressed nitrogen on three different occasions,

Shattered a cooler merchandiser glass door while trying to install door heater cords (in the store),

Was trying to bypass a pressure control (I don't know why) with a jumper wire across the switch and electrocuted himself, doing a 15' barrel roll across the roof (was witnessed by apprentice).

Twice, when working on rooftop jobs, took his shirt off and suffered severe sunburn,

When I let him go, he asked, "Why?". I told him that I didn't think he performed his job safely and that I was afraid he was going to injur himself or someone else.

He responded, "OOHHHH NO boss, what do you mean? But I've got a Bachelor's degree in Occupational Safety and Health"

:confused:

Tom Richardson
25-06-2003, 07:14 AM
Mr. Herefisshy,
I believe you have found one of those "EXPERTS" our company has been using for technical advice!!!!
Tom

Brian_UK
25-06-2003, 10:22 PM
Once used to do a service call on a simple split AC unit where the resident engineer always looked over your shoulder.

He used to ask some reasonable questions but, on the whole, you tries your damnest to get rid of him.

Bearing in mind that he looked after a fair sized production line he once asked me about his fridge at home. My first thought was Oh sh*t, here we go...

Anyway, his question was ' It doesn't seem to keep as cold as it used to. Mind you the kids keep leaving the door open. Do you think that this is letting the gas escape ?'

How do you answer that without smacking the guy ?

condenseddave
27-06-2003, 03:03 AM
It hit 100 fahrenheit today, and I had a mentally challenged grocery cart rodeo rider trying to get me to sell him the plug for a plug in disconnect so he could have ac at his house.

I was up to my elbows in alligators at the time in a supermarket with three rooftop units off due to a bad breaker in an MDP.

I went to the local electrical wholesaler for a new breaker, and the guy was on the phone with the retarded cart guy, trying to explain to him how to replace the entire disconnect.

The guy really is impaired, with a horrible speech impediment.

More on this as the story unfolds...:rolleyes:

benncool
15-07-2003, 03:40 PM
It was a hot Fourth of July weekend. My ex-partner and I had several sevice calls to get taken care of on the Saturday morning before we could enjoy the holiday.

One of the calls was at the American Legion hall. The beer cooler was down. So we both decided to make this the last call so at least we could have a beer at the end of the day. The first one there would start the call.

I was first to arrive. The bartender was glad to see me because a wedding reception was to begin in a little while and the beer was running warm. He showed me where the Walkin cooler was located in the basement. He warned me to be careful of the door because it was old and it didn't have a release handle from the inside.

I could see that the evaporator was all iced up. I shut down the condensing unit and started defrosting the coil with my torch.
My partner had arrived at this point. He said, "Oh, I see that you have found the problem. CLICK" HE CLOSED the door.

So we started yelling. No one could hear us. The wedding band started to play. We banged on the pipes. Nothing. The grim prospects of being locked in a walk-in cooler with my partner all holiday week end entered my mind.

But the thirsty guests started to arrive at the bar. The beer lines in the walkin were jumping as the bartender drew the brew. So it dawned on me. I shut off the valves on the beer lines. The bartender was down in a minute to see what the problem was and we were rescued.

Dan
15-07-2003, 11:17 PM
LOL!

benncool
24-07-2003, 03:18 AM
If you want some humor look at this condensing unit. A colleague from another site found this when he went on a service call. Apparantly the customer wanted to save some $$$ and built his deck around the unit.

http://www.imagewiz.net/images/hvactalk/150197_needs_juice1.JPG