PDA

View Full Version : daikin vrv system

steve bajada
04-03-2008, 06:56 PM
i have a daikin vrv system that the outdoor unit is filled with r 22 . so my client has two indoor units 410 a and wants to exchange them . is this going to work or not? i know that the sensing of the txv will vary so can i do something for that?

The Viking
04-03-2008, 07:20 PM
R410a indoor units on a R22 VRV system....?

IIRC:
The first R407c VRV indoor units that came out could be retrofitted to older R22 VRV systems, as long as you fitted the old R22's PCBs in the indoor units.

BUT,
The main benefit of R410a is that it requires smaller heat-exchangers, compared to R22.
And, a lot of design upgrades has been put in to the newer VRVs.

So, it might be possible if you replace all the electronics in the indoor units with their "old" R22 VRV equivalences.

But, there would be a drop in performance.

And remember that there are differences between split type indoor units and VRV type indoor units.

Personally,
I would say NO, it's an old system and if it didn't work out who would pay the bill.

(No doubt one of our more Daikin oriented guys will be along soon with an definite answer)

frank
04-03-2008, 09:28 PM
R410a indoor units on a R22 VRV system....?

I think that answers the question fully :D

It's not something I've ever come across or even considered. I would expect that the electronics may be incompatible for a direct exchange, but, as Viking says, you may be able to use the shell and install R22 electronics. However, the shape of the indoor units has changed a lot so there may not be sufficient room to get the pcb's in.

What some people will do to save a few quid :rolleyes: