PDA

View Full Version : saving energy

joe magee
03-03-2008, 03:43 AM
I, was a supermarket tech the last six years and made the move to critical cooling last month. Working in markets my main goal was to save energy. Floating head floating suction flooding evap coils using mechanical subcooling etc.

Now working on a/c units, Data Aire, APC, Stulz etc the one thing I notice is these units run at a 240 head. Energy savings is not something they care about. I do understand the reason why they do this though I was wondering if you could use say a hy-sav device or some way to lower head and increase line pressure etc. Any ideas to save energy, Let me know.:confused:

Joe

gloucesterfridg
03-03-2008, 08:12 AM
My very thoughts as I was looking at Fasthosts data centre in Glos as Denco were shoving in another load of air cooled condensers..

Tesla
03-03-2008, 09:34 AM
There is an answer
As I understand all other types of compressors use elevated head pressures for oil return. However the new Turbocor compressor does'nt have oil and can run with a very high COP in comparison, but suffers when fully unloaded. And if the hy save device is an item which spins the fluid in liquid line it will save on efficiency - check out Vicktor Schauberger's work

Denco Technical
25-05-2011, 12:34 PM
The reason we run our head pressure at 18bar is to keep the SHR correct so we don't make the air too dry and cause server issues etc etc

Have a look at the Psychrometric chart at the web site below.

http://www.handsdownsoftware.com/HEATCRAFT-Chart.PDF

So if you want to keep the room at 21 degrees and 50% RH what would be the point running the SHR low and drying the air????

If its a cooling only system and the room does not care what the RH is at them you can set the SHR lower....

There are better ways of saving energy.... hot isle/cold isle ..... ambicool system...... heamo system..... vapour seal....... setting the return temp higher......... etc etc

Simples.