PDA

View Full Version : daikin controllers

declan simmonds
02-03-2008, 07:56 PM
Hello all i have a few questions about dakin wired controllers, As some of you engineers know there are ways to find out information through the controllers for example the temperature of the evp thermistor etc, I have done this once before, with a daikin technical support in my ear and me fiddling with the controller, i am sure its within the field settings in the test mode facility i have looked in the service book and i was unable to find such info, but im sure the contoller contains alot more info, also the daikin technical support told me that the new controllers you can lock out just like the mitsubshi controllers to some degree is this true ?
well i hope someone can help me with this query.
Also i am putting in new pipework for a daikin vrv 3 pipe system the system is in spain and all my work mates dont have a brain cell between. im wanted to know the pressure regs for the new r410a pipework for pressure leak testing im sure at 1 1/2 working pressure which maybe about 35 bar i hope you lot can help me
thanks declan ;)

dogma
02-03-2008, 08:15 PM
Hi mate. Give me the model numbers and I'll see if i have the literature. I've got a few books on VRV II systems and controllers.

The Viking
02-03-2008, 09:00 PM
I've attached the list of options for the controller on a VRVII system.

The functions are the same across the whole of Daikin's range but on some system all sensors are not present and on the newest stuff there might be options not listed in this document.

Sorry, the file is to large to attach:rolleyes:

Either go to my website and download the VRVIII manual (the info is in there) or send me a PM with your email address and I will send you the file for the control options.

:cool:

Refrigerologist
04-03-2008, 10:40 PM
Hello mate. Press and hold the test button for 5 seconds, then let go. It should show code 10. Press and hold the test button for another 5 seconds. It should show code 40. Press the temp up button it should show thermistor temperature. Press time up or down arrow it should scroll through thermistors.

Be careful not to go into other codes unless you know what to do with them as these are bit switch settings and you could screw up the system.

Refrigerologist
04-03-2008, 10:42 PM
I should have added that when you press the temp up arrow you are looking for code 41.
Code 40 is useful as it shows the fault code history.

Brian_UK
05-03-2008, 02:02 AM
Code 41 - 1st is remote controller temperature
2nd is unit return temperature
3rd is coil temperature.

Sorry press the timer button to cycle through the readings

declan simmonds
07-03-2008, 12:12 AM
thanks mate that very helpful i will try and download all the info and have a good look at it declan

leegally1983
10-03-2008, 10:26 PM
just thought i would add the answer to your other question is to pressure test to 600psi on r410a. Also ive completed a daikin course in manchester well worth doing if you work on them regular the daikin centre is in the lowry centre in salford quays

HVACman
27-12-2008, 10:38 AM
I have a Daikin single split cooling only FTD35F system.

I would like to use the remote control to view the air thermistor temperture.

I can access the fault diagnostics no problem etc. (Temp Up, Temp Down, Mode).

How can I access the thermistor readings?

hyperion
27-12-2008, 11:30 AM
According to recent Daikin training information, the recommended test pressure is 40 bar or 580psig. Be careful not to exceed this figure as you could force OFN past the valves and into the condensing unit or cause potential failure to LP switches etc if system is empty.

Greengrocer
27-12-2008, 05:25 PM
I think you'll find that if you pressure test at 40bar H&S dictates that the all occupied areas must be evacuated - or do it out of hours.

dogma
30-12-2008, 02:15 PM
Hi guys. I'm having an issue with a U5 fault code. I followed Daikins instructions to cut ther interconnect and use only 1mtr of cable. Now the conntroller reads 88 and won't change. Do I just change out the pcb and controllers???????

brunstar
03-01-2009, 01:44 AM
88 is usually cos you have shorted out the controller and it goes into lock out, you should be able to reset the power to it and it should start up nless you have blown the board somehow.

brunstar
03-01-2009, 01:46 AM
no thermister readings on that one mate unfortunately only forced operation and fault codes, you will have to take the thermister values with your multi meter, you can only view thermisters on hard wired controllers.

brunstar
03-01-2009, 01:47 AM
the only other thing is that if you get a 3 wire service moniter youo can check all of the systems running current, fan speeds and, compressor frequency and thermister readings without any meters.

totalacedude
04-07-2009, 04:50 PM
hi, is there any where i could find out a full list of what modes / settings / info is available with the 'test' button any where online?
cheers fellas ian

Brian_UK
04-07-2009, 11:46 PM
Ian, you can get the information from the Daikin website.

frank
05-07-2009, 09:19 PM
The new Daikin controller is coming out in September. Full text menu apparently.

mchild
06-07-2009, 07:06 PM
The new Daikin controller is coming out in September. Full text menu apparently.

frank,

Is this a replacement for the BRC remote controller? Do you know anything else about it?

frank
06-07-2009, 08:47 PM
I'm not sure if they are going to stop the BRC1D, which is about £44, the new controller is going to be £103 :rolleyes:

I saw the information in the new Daikin Sales brochure and I'm waiting to see some more info.

The new Altherma is also coming out in 2010. This one will be able to connect to a 3 pipe VRV outdoor unit to use the recovered heat instead of having a separate condensing unit.

Interesting times ahead.

cool#9
09-07-2009, 06:00 PM
frank,

Is this a replacement for the BRC remote controller? Do you know anything else about it?
HI
i saw it last week while visiting the DENV factory... very expensive and looking like a big ipod !!!
I can send a picture if you want
rgds
cool#9

mchild
09-07-2009, 07:12 PM
HI
i saw it last week while visiting the DENV factory... very expensive and looking like a big ipod !!!
I can send a picture if you want
rgds
cool#9

cool#9, I'd love to see a picture and if you have a web site that shows any info I would appreciate that too. Thanks.

Krondor
09-07-2009, 08:12 PM
Frank, do you have some more info on this new Altherma Hydrobox, connected to the VRV?

frank
09-07-2009, 08:29 PM
Frank, do you have some more info on this new Altherma Hydrobox, connected to the VRV?
No not yet. I only came across the information for it early last week. Apparently, it's not due into the UK until first quarter 2010. Maybe Obi Wan can enlighten us?

cool#9
10-07-2009, 06:51 PM
cool#9, I'd love to see a picture and if you have a web site that shows any info I would appreciate that too. Thanks.
hi mchild
see the attachment from my last trip to denv
rgds
cool#9

mchild
10-07-2009, 10:54 PM
hi mchild
see the attachment from my last trip to denv
rgds
cool#9

Thank you cool#9. It looks like it will be a remote controller not a central. Do you know if it will have any functions different than the current remote controllers other than text menus?