PDA

View Full Version : Hotpoint mistral inteligiant care

Debmk
02-03-2008, 04:30 PM
HI

Iam newbie hi every one , I have problem with my fridge freezer its happend several times freezer temp is -22 and fridge is plus +18 there is normally warm air coming out of bottom its cool air and have hooverd the dust out still no joy havent defrosted it for 8 years i have tryed to take back off there isnt one its sealed metal all way down and unscrewed top and its sealed with heavy plastic all glued down how do you open this thing arghhhhhhh how do I get to air duct see if blocked with ice is it on the top nope tried that any one got a diagram hav no model no either dont know what it is cant find model sticker women A, hha thanks

:)guys any info would be good The only thing can get into is the bottom plastic bit so just took that off and the fan not moving at all dont know if its soposed to and the freezer still said -22 which ok but warm air in fridge is the fan that should work when turn whole thing on it wasent moving .

found bar code it saids serial 91157834 model 5??s cant make out type r1345 have defrosted it an d taking off 6 screws inside freezer dont know what I am looking for but worth a go if not ill have to buy a non frost free fridge freezer cheap one think its better then expensive lots have same prob as me or me as them .
well ill see in 48hrs after defrosting it.
Debs

techie
03-03-2008, 09:25 AM
defrost it then change thermostat then check to c if all is gud

Debmk
03-03-2008, 12:14 PM
Hi

yes i will let you know thanks .

D:)

Debmk
04-03-2008, 01:25 PM
HI

well after hoovering front back every where could and defrosting for 48 hrs with doors opened , turned it on this morning put it on fast freeze and the fridge dropped from +18 to +3 so yea it works fingers crossed , so just have to do this every 3 months to keep it clean of ice balls any where blocking pipes.

hope it last another 8 years lol thanks guys

d:D

Debmk
05-03-2008, 10:34 AM
:mad:Oh no woke this morning freezer said -36 and fridge +7 its prob thermistors / or pcb this digi model dont think it has therm control not sure so some one was telling me well think its time to get rid as this going to cost me lots just when thought had fixed it :mad:

nike123
05-03-2008, 11:12 AM
:mad:Oh no woke this morning freezer said -36 and fridge +7 its prob thermistors / or pcb this digi model dont think it has therm control not sure so some one was telling me well think its time to get rid as this going to cost me lots just when thought had fixed it :mad:
Did you turned off fast freeze.

Debmk
05-03-2008, 11:22 AM
Hi

yes after couple hrs yesterday so what have just done now is turned freezer off at wall couple mins and on again see if resets or something and it gone to -22 hooray now fridge is +4 lets hope it drops to +3 if it goes up again ive got the orig prob working freezer warm fridge oh what a pain how disapointing its prob the thermistor or pcb in that case might a s well buy a cheap one what a shame thought id done it well i can only hope fridge drops to +3 if dosent then back square 1 thanks any way fro advise
fridge still saids +4 oh well
Debs

Debmk
05-03-2008, 03:35 PM
back again freezer is fine but same prob frdge is now reached + 14 in other words its knackerd shame as freezer is fine oh well got to go buy new one now not worth fixing as you can get them with discount as mother work s there for 135 with 12 months warranty it will prob cost me that to repair oh shame i was told on another site that mine dosent have thermastat as its a digital fridge freezer think its model 8569 something like that sticker has worn a bit any way was told it hasent a therma not sure if this is correct. its now corrected its self and gone to +2 the fridge after opening door and shutting it my cat is looking at me big eyed like I am mad as I keep talking to the fridge like its alive well the thing giving me headache now i think it could be thermister or something people said to me poss how do i locate and replace this then if it is this but if it isnt i loose my money and it could go to new one chance you take i sopose

Electrocoolman
05-03-2008, 06:49 PM
Deb, I see you have been on the ukwhitegoods forum! We are more civilised on here.

I take it that you have searched this forum with the word "mistral"....there is a lot on similar problems.

The spares listing for model 8596 appears to have x3 thermistors....a Yellow one (evaporator), a Green one (freezer) and a White one (fridge). Also listed is a motorised flap baffle.
Although I have never worked on these units, I would suspect that it could be the fridge thermistor. The freezer and evaporator thermistors would have more effect on the freezer temperature and defrost control.
It could be the motorised baffle....I presume that this is used to control the airflow to the fridge.
The thermistors are the cheapest option to try. Maybe someone can suggest a suitable method for replacement.

Debmk
07-03-2008, 12:45 PM
HI Electrocoolman :cool: yes I did go on that site only to have had a go at well never mind lol.

Yes it odd sometimes it comes back on when open firdge and shut it sometimes it goes +8 its odd then I can here noise like generater like its all working fan or noise behind top fridge then it stops then it goes quiet for long time like nothing is working .

This is a 7 year old and most new ones looked at havent got the grill at front see freezer is working fine like you say, it might cost be 150 to replace all what you say would it be beter buying fridge and still use my hotpoint freezer as it works fine -22.

My mother saids she beleives in having sep fridge and freezer if one goes wrong it dosent affect the other and because its all linked to gether the freezer pushing up cold to fridge more to go wrong .

dont know what to do:confused: is buying sep fridge/freezer better ? it seems to prob on sites with fridge freezers and not seperate ones and like I stated on other site it seems common prob with these hotpoints in my view.

Well all you can do is advice but the 3 thermistors going to cos 40 quid and if it dosent work the other thing 60 thats 100 on seeing what prob is its prob cheaper buying 100 fridge and use the freezer on hotpoint till that pack up .

thanks any way advice as all been helpful and yes this is the best and friendly site on internet :D

paul_h
07-03-2008, 02:48 PM
Might be better to call in an expert. Sounds like you could have a faulty fan motor, baffle motor, thermistor or heater open circuit.
Any of them can cause the symptoms you are experiencing, and anyone with experience can spot it within 15min or so. With creatures like electronic fridges you have the option to replace parts systematically yourself, or find a pro.
Paying for someones labour isn't fun, especially if they're someone who doesn't know what they are doing, but I'm sure the manufacturers service agent has seen the problem that many times they could fix it under 100. ie only take 30-45min

Inverter man
07-03-2008, 09:00 PM
DEBMK, Hello.
I also have the misfortune of owning such a beast and had a similar problem, only got it to work by caniblising parts from a friend defunct frig. However I don't trust it enough to give away, so it's used as back up when I need to defrost my non electronic Gerenge Croation made frig freezer. I suspect a sensor but don't expect any help from Hotpoint unless you're willing to pay. I earn my living fixing over technological products but I only need my beers kept nicely chilled therefore now rely on a proven mechanical stat, nice n cheap

Debmk
07-03-2008, 11:36 PM
Yep I understand its odd cos now its working again +3 and feel the cool breeze in fridge can here the fan or something making a noise but then it stops ye s it might cost me 100 to get it done i am no expert and not going to waste money buying parts my self if its not that and like you say you need a need an expert it seems alot of people have this prob with hotpoint which does put you off of them .

well thanks guys think have made mind up buy fridge or fridgefreezer maybe seperate is beeter as they run independantly i dont trust freezer now even though thats fine the temp hasent left -22 the whole time ok thanks lads
Debs :D

Electrocoolman
07-03-2008, 11:40 PM
Hi Deb,
Have you tried any local repair people? You should be able to describe to them the problem and ask them if they are familiar with this family of fridge/freezers and ask for an estimate for replacing the sensor(s)....nothing ventured nothing lost bar the price of a phone call.

As the freezer still works, you are right in thinking that one option is to keep it as a working freezer.

Separate fridges and freezers do have their advantages, the basic ones are cheap, but obviously take up more space....it all comes down to choices and what you want to spend.

Have you access to 'which' website...they have just done rviews of F/F's

Debmk
08-03-2008, 12:15 AM
Oh ill have a look have this site in fav erm i have the space yes you can buy some basic ones and mother works in Currys so get 10 percent off theres a little fridgefreezer 169 pounds ill get it for about 152 but its not big compared to one i got now but only me uses it any way yes might buy the cheapest fridge which name hase not been mentioned on here or any where for going wrong so that good and keep freezer to packs up then buy freezer i think ill make phone call but need some one who knows not a diy job man who takes a guess the freezer fan isnt running all time sometimes its quiet for 2 hrs its awake now though think will buy new fridge for now no gadgets on just simple no point loosing sleep over a robot .
Debs