PDA

View Full Version : Daikin I Touch controller and VAMs

gwilliamson
01-03-2008, 08:56 PM
Hi Folks, back again with another query.
I have installed 7 ducted ac units with 7 vams fitted behind all in the roof space. Have now attached an intelligent touch controller and all is working fine apart from i cannot find the vams. The ac is working fine which also have a wall mounted remotes connected to each piggy backed off the vams as per Daikins wiring diagram. Neither the remote or the touch controller can see the vams.
Spoke to Daikin and they said i need a spare remote to connect to the vams to address them individually and all will be fine. Have not done this yet but wondered if anyone could shed anymore light or tips on this setup.
Many thanks
Gareth

The Viking
01-03-2008, 09:41 PM
Yes, the VAMs will have to be addressed..

The good news is that you can "borrow" the remote from one of the cassettes to do this.

see attachment for how to do it

Thermatech
01-03-2008, 09:42 PM
Daikin vrv indoor units need an address setting if you are using a central controller. You can fix the address with a hard wired remote controller. For any units which do not have a permanantly wired remote controller then a remote controller needs to be wired to the unit then make the address setting & then remove the controller & move on to the next unit.
Its best to do this to every indoor unit so that you know the actual location of every indoor unit & then you can name them on the I contoller so that the end user can also know which units to adjust at the I contoler.
I did one last week but there were no local remote controllers installed on the site, everything being controlled by I contoler. Then you need a remote contoller to use as an engineers service tool which you just keep for this purpose.

Self addressing was always a bit of a lazy engineers short cut.
Once you have fixed the address settings of every indoor unit thats what they will always be & if you have to return to site you will know what unit to look at & if you include the address settings on the commissioning sheets / O&M manual as installed drawings then every engineer who ever goes to that site will also know exactly where all the units are.

weidit
15-12-2009, 08:54 PM
How do you find what there addresses are before you change them?

VRVIII
15-12-2009, 10:16 PM
Daikin vrv indoor units need an address setting if you are using a central controller. You can fix the address with a hard wired remote controller. For any units which do not have a permanantly wired remote controller then a remote controller needs to be wired to the unit then make the address setting & then remove the controller & move on to the next unit.
Its best to do this to every indoor unit so that you know the actual location of every indoor unit & then you can name them on the I contoller so that the end user can also know which units to adjust at the I contoler.
I did one last week but there were no local remote controllers installed on the site, everything being controlled by I contoler. Then you need a remote contoller to use as an engineers service tool which you just keep for this purpose.

Self addressing was always a bit of a lazy engineers short cut.
Once you have fixed the address settings of every indoor unit thats what they will always be & if you have to return to site you will know what unit to look at & if you include the address settings on the commissioning sheets / O&M manual as installed drawings then every engineer who ever goes to that site will also know exactly where all the units are.

When programming Vam address you should also install field setting 17-7-02 in to each Vam, this will allow fan speed adjustment from the I Touch Controller.