PDA

View Full Version : Anyone up on Australian Regulations ?

drew71
01-03-2008, 06:01 AM
Hi All
I see quite a few Australians on here, so I'd be interested to hear peoples thoughts on the 2007 code's of practice.
A couple of things seem unclear to me, where these codes differ from the HB40 standards, which do we follow ?
I would think it logical that the newer document would replace the older, but legally, can an industry body document override an actual Standards Australia document ?.

Anyone know of a source for system labels ? no joy from Actrol or Heatcraft. I would like something more proffesional than permanent marker, but am hesitant to print up my own incase they need an AS number.

Cheers

Drew

"Once I couldn't spell engineer, now I are one"

Argus
01-03-2008, 01:20 PM

Thanks for the post, Drew.

I can't help on Ozzie rules, I'm afraid, but it's an interesting post.
Can you provide any links that we can see what's going on down under?
It's interesting to compare what's happening in other parts.

drew71
01-03-2008, 11:57 PM
Hi Argus

It seems I need to post some more before I can link to URL's , I guess I've been reading too much and not posting enough.

I'll get on it ASAP

cheers

Drew

Argus
02-03-2008, 11:47 AM
Hi Argus

It seems I need to post some more before I can link to URL's , I guess I've been reading too much and not posting enough.

I'll get on it ASAP

cheers

Drew

Sadly, that's the case - put in place mainly to dissuade some of the internet oddballs we get from time to time posting their own brand of junk.

But keep posting, we welcome your input if you can provide some information on your part of the globe.

750 Valve
02-03-2008, 01:20 PM
I'm with you, suspect on the overruling of standards australia, I may shoot ARC an email about it but I am personally loathed to - I don't appreciate them one bit, its amazing how they licence the hell out of CFC's (understandable) and HFCs but won't touch with a ten foot barge pole HC's, NH3 and Co2... the last 3 will kill you quicker of you are careless and uninformed but they don't want anything to do with them - to hard I guess and would require those on the council to ACTUALLY do something for their money.

For labels we use a company called Hilltop Engraving, they have a background in refrig and do the label thing on the side, they do great work and ALWAYS get the spelling right, our previous company would send thru the odd Bompressor label or Fondenser :D - Hilltop don't have a website, PM me for their details if you need them.