PDA

View Full Version : Pressure drop air side coils

Friobernal
12-06-2003, 05:36 PM
hello,

Does anybody know how to calculate the pressure drop (air side) in coils of unit coolers?

Regards

Dan
13-06-2003, 01:42 AM
Not sure I understand the question. Most manufacturers know the dry static pressure drop across their coils and you should be able to get it from them. But do you want a frosted coil's pressure drop? A u-tube electronic manometer could give you all the readings you could wish for under various conditions.

Why do you want to know the pressure drop? You have me curious.

Friobernal
13-06-2003, 08:05 PM
Hi Dan:

I really would like to know the static pressure for textile sock, and i need to know the pressure drop in air side, to really know what pressure i get for conducting.

Thnks for answering

Dan
14-06-2003, 01:17 AM
See if I am understanding your question Frio. You want to know the maximum static pressure a unit cooler is capable of handling without significant performance diminishment?

If so, I had a row of coils that were to be plenumed and restricted and I called the factory and they helped me with it. Now you have me wondering how you find data on the static pressure drop of a textile sock.

Regardless, it is a common enough application that you could call a manurfacturer and get recommendations, I would think.

Ke-Fibertec UK
10-12-2008, 05:55 PM
We usually work on 100Pa, but can go down to 40Pa on a circular sock, a half round can go lower if the velocity is kept low.

nh3wizard
10-12-2008, 06:37 PM
We usually work on 100Pa, but can go down to 40Pa on a circular sock, a half round can go lower if the velocity is kept low.

Ke-Fibertec UK, I see you are answering alot of posts, you might want to check out the dates before replying, this one goes back to June 2003:eek:

bill1983
07-09-2010, 05:52 PM
that's ok nh3, many people refer to old posts to see if the info has been updated or expanded. like me. today. lol

shieldcracker
17-09-2010, 04:19 PM
Most refrigeration unit coolers use axial propeller fans which do not have much static pressure capability, especially the low temp units. The TSP is very low.
Fabric duct is sized to have a drop of .05 inwg/ft Contact the manufacturer at the very least analyze the fan blade and the RPM, that should give an indication of the SP capability.