PDA

View Full Version : york screw start up

frostybritt
29-02-2008, 12:42 PM
hi guys, first time on forums hello to you all, ive just been handed a contract to check and start up york screw chilled water plant. on a navy boat. this systems are charged and have already been commisioned. but this was three years ago. and they havnt run since. ive done alot on recips but not much on screws. any advice to prestart up checks other than oil heaters. valve positions ect. typicaly there is very little in the way of an OM maunal on board :confused:

Chunk
01-03-2008, 08:38 PM
Hi Frostybritt.

If its already been commissioned you should`nt really have any problems if no-ones touched it since.

All i would suggest is that after running it up give it a good leak test just in case any seals have dried out.

good luck.

Chunk.

frostybritt
03-03-2008, 09:46 PM
Hi Frostybritt.

If its already been commissioned you should`nt really have any problems if no-ones touched it since.

All i would suggest is that after running it up give it a good leak test just in case any seals have dried out.

good luck.

Chunk.

:D cheers chunk, we,ll give em a run see what happens, if the boat sinks, do you know of any jobs goin on the other side of the planet?. :eek:

Yorkguy
06-03-2008, 08:59 PM
Hi Frostybritt
I've worked on alot of york navy kit over the years.
Can you tell me more about the unit or vessel it is on.
Has it been run before or is it new???

cre8waves
11-03-2008, 12:08 AM
I would suggest getting a oil sample and have it checked .