PDA

View Full Version : ammonia transfer

faryuki
29-02-2008, 04:13 AM
Hello Sirs,..

how are you all....?

due to environment not allowed , I have question, anybody experienced for transfer the ammonia gas from evaporative condenser system to ammonia filled tank?
If have experience please kindly share to me how to do?

many thanks and waiting for the advise.

NH3LVR
29-02-2008, 04:29 AM
Hi Faryuki!
If I understand correctly, you want to know how to move the Nh3 from the system into a cylinder or other storage tank?

faryuki
29-02-2008, 04:51 AM
Yes Sir , that is move into the cylinder

many thanks

TXiceman
29-02-2008, 05:27 AM
You can use an ammonia transfer unit much like on a large chiller. It consist of a small piston type compressor, a condenser, and a receiver to store the refrigerant. You can use a push-pull to get any liquid out first. Put the suction on the storage receiver and discharge into the condenser to push out any liquid to the storage receiver. Then take suction from the condenser and put the condensed liquid into the storage receiver.

In the US, there are a number of companies that rent the "pump out units" or will provide the service. You might check with your ammonia supplier.

Ken

NH3LVR
29-02-2008, 07:02 AM
By far the bast way to do this is with a pump out machine. If it is not available we can discuss other methods. Please describe your system and exactly what you need to do. Are you shutting the system down?

techie
29-02-2008, 05:24 PM
get the professionals you need a special operators licence

faryuki
03-03-2008, 11:33 AM
By far the bast way to do this is with a pump out machine. If it is not available we can discuss other methods. Please describe your system and exactly what you need to do. Are you shutting the system down?

Thanks before.

I have three big evacon for chiller and have problem with the pipe, all pipes in and out are corroded and we have to replace all. each evacon have service valve in and out and we do one by one evacon for replacement pipe. and i have to removed ammonia inside of evacon and store into ammonia cylinder.

its possible???

kindly need yours advice.

many thanks

RANGER1
04-03-2008, 01:24 PM
If you want to empty one condensor at a time and have isolating valves upstream of area that needs relaceing ,can you isolate it leaving plant running ?
Assuming you have a valve to atmosphere you can use a pressure rated hose to transfer it to a lower preesure area in system or in suction of commpressor downstream of its suction service valve.
Then throttle suction service valve open line from condensor you want to empty.You would most likely have to lower or bridge out low pressure control to achieve a slight vacuum in this line/condensor.
If you put a gauge on valve or line you are pumping out you can monitor it as you go,as it may take several goes.Make sure you can unload commpressor during this process

faryuki
19-03-2008, 04:32 AM
many thanks for the advice...

bye

Brian_UK
19-03-2008, 09:01 PM
get the professionals you need a special operators licenceWhat, in Jakarta ?

faryuki
27-03-2008, 03:27 AM
What, in Jakarta ?

Jakarta is capital city of indonesia.. do u ever go to jakarta?