PDA

View Full Version : Xdx

tonyhavcr
27-02-2008, 02:04 PM
I saw this here and went to there web site they say its been out from 1999.
and I thing I know how they work is looks like the get the liquid shrilling around the pipe as it moves through
the evap. and the vapor in the middle of the tube.
I have never seen one work but would like to know if this works so well why is it not used by oem, you would think some oem would use it

# 2
did any one ever cut one open to see what in side of the back box they will not say.

I been doing this for 20 yrs. and seen many things that can be added to a the oil or the system to help the unit work better and they do for a year or two then your back to charge the compressor w/ a vary vary bad burn so bad that it takes a mo. to clean it
up.

I'm more in to testing the oil and magging the compressor and @ 700 mags change the oil and the
dryer got off track.

dose the XDX work.

nike123
27-02-2008, 03:04 PM
I saw this here and went to there web site they say its been out from 1999.

Could you post link at that site because I don't know what are you referring to.:confused:

Sorry i see you cannot post links yet.
Just post two post with more than 10 letters in them, and than you could post links.;)

fixit4u
27-02-2008, 05:59 PM
The theory of the XDX system is to change the flow of the refrigerant in the evaporator coil. This flow change is supposed to increase the efficiency of the evap. and reduce defrost time, in low temp application. I've installed a couple of these, but did not notice a big advantage. However, if I came across one in a system, I would not remove it.

Have a good day.

powell
27-02-2008, 07:17 PM
The company is called XDX which manufactures a component that is installed downstream of the TEV.

I sold quite a few to Disney - Orlando FL, with success in operation.

It will be easier for you to check out the web site for an explanation of how its works.

Check out the link below:

XDX (skips the intro): http://xdxusa.com/index.php (http://xdxusa.com/index.php)?

You might want to view the video presentations.

Powell

nike123
27-02-2008, 07:23 PM
Ok, I see now, this is same thing like in other post:
http://www.refrigeration-engineer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=94775#post94775

tonyhavcr
28-02-2008, 04:35 AM
(powell The company is called XDX which manufactures a component that is installed downstream of the TEV.

I sold quite a few to Disney - Orlando FL, with success in operation.

It will be easier for you to check out the web site for an explanation of how its works.

Check out the link below:

XDX (skips the intro
You might want to view the video presentations.)
I have been to the site I can not post links yet they do not show the inside of it.
Have you been back to the job to check on the units and do test on the systems I want to know as I said how it works after 10 yrs. and dose it do what it said on the site.

Samarjit Sen
28-02-2008, 08:57 AM
Just a few days back after reading about the xdx, I have logged into them. Basically it is forum more in the line of this forum. Today I recieved a message from them that I could see the working of the xdx system in video in the Education part.

It appears to be good as per the video. Has anyone used it to verify the facts. If this xdx is what it claims to be, I would like to incorporate the same in my plants.

Samarjit Sen
28-02-2008, 09:05 AM
One has to be a member to see the detail video. The one that is being shown in the link stated by Powel is a short version.

US Iceman
28-02-2008, 05:52 PM
Magic is something you cannot explain. :rolleyes:

Until someone can provide a good explanation of how these work and what they accomplish I would not touch them.

Someone should be able to provide more detail than "the refrigerant flow is improved through the evaporator".:(

To borrow an old saying from someone: If it sounds to good to be true, it probably is....

Samarjit Sen
28-02-2008, 06:15 PM
If this was so effective, then everybody would be installing it. Unfortunately it is the first time that I have heard about it and visiting the site, it is no where mentioned that how it operates nor what is the basic.

It would be better if some one who has used it, can shed some light on the same.