PDA

View Full Version : Water Coolers

MrReds
27-02-2008, 12:22 AM
Hallo to everybody !

Please, I would be grateful if somebody could help me, since I didn't find a useful post about this issue:
Premise:
For condensers, you can specify the capacity in a certain condition.
The capacity in a different condition can be, as a rule of thumb, be calculated with the variation of temperature between air and condensing temperature.
This is the so called "heat rejection", that is expressed in kW/K.

Please, it there a similar rule that can be applied for water coolers ?

If not, do you know or do you utilize if there any rule to calculate the capacity of chillers in a condition different than a specified one ?

Thanks in advance !

Brian_UK
27-02-2008, 12:25 AM
I would think that a water cooler would operate in a reasonably stable environment.

MrReds
27-02-2008, 12:33 AM
Hallo Mr. Brian,

I am sorry, but I don't understand completely your question.
My question is theoretical, of course I suppose the water cooler is operating in a stable condition.

Maybe, apologizes for this, I am not been clear enough.
What I mean is:
I have a water cooler (the heat sink is the air).
I have got the capacity in a certain condition.
Is it possible to determine roughly the capacity in a condition different than the starting one starting form the given capacity ?

Thanks and good night !!

powell
27-02-2008, 12:49 AM
Hallo Mr. Brian,

I have a water cooler (the heat sink is the air).
I have got the capacity in a certain condition.
Is it possible to determine roughly the capacity in a condition different than the starting one starting form the given capacity ?

Thanks and good night !!

Roughly, maybe 6 to 10% loss for a 10 F increase in ambient, or 6 -10% gain for a 10 F decrease in the ambient temperature. The base design was probably around a 90 F ambient.

These are SWAG numbers that should be close. If you need exact you should contact the manufacturer.