PDA

View Full Version : Carrier Chiller

patbriandar
26-02-2008, 11:38 PM
Hi,

I am looking for a wiring diagram for a Carrier 30HZ 161 0044 VEE Chiller.
Any ideas where I might find one? I have a problem with the " Starterguard" on one compressor.

Cheers,

Darren.:)

Lowrider
26-02-2008, 11:56 PM
No need for a diagram!

On each of the compressors there is a starter guard. Usually measering across the first fase between the relais and the fuses.

They "brake" sometimes.

Sometimes it helps to switch off the power for a few seconds and they work for a few days, but you'll have to replace it. (switching of the power is in fact the only way to reset this fault!)

patbriandar
27-02-2008, 12:06 AM
Cheers,

I tried the power off scenario but the fault is still there. It appears without the compressor even trying to start. I reckoned upon a faulty board but was a bit unsure what the board was reading to to determine fault. I saw Phase 1 being metered but was unsure of other inputs.
Thanks, I'll try move the boards and see if the problem shifts too.

Darren.

Lowrider
27-02-2008, 12:27 AM
If the card is busted it will give the error even before starting.

I had it before and the card had a crack in it!

Snowman123
27-02-2008, 12:54 AM
Check the crankcase heater is pulling current, that causes it to trip. The heater goes off that board, took me ages to find that.

patbriandar
27-02-2008, 01:51 AM
Actually, CCH is stuffed. Am fitting a new one in the morning. Didn't know that came off that board.
Thanks for that.
Darren.

Gibbo
28-02-2008, 12:01 AM
The high pressure switch, discharge gas thermostat and crankcase heater can all give you starterguard faults but generally the crankcase heater is the usual problem. The control circuit has to be powered off and then back on after fault has been fixed.

patbriandar
29-02-2008, 01:33 AM
Replaced CCH and all sorted.
Thanks for the help, I would have been looking at that for a while to find it without diagram.

Familiar field is CLIMAVENETA, Although spreading the wings a bit now. :)