PDA

View Full Version : can anyone fix Daikin G series R22 VRV

Fidel Castro
26-02-2008, 10:27 PM
i have just had a call from an engineer asking me to come and take a look at an R22 G series VRV from Daikin, circa 1994. In my opinion the last great VRV system.

apparantley the Mighty D dont have anyone old enough to know how they work, most of them were still in nappys when the unit was installed.

is there anyone out there who could help?

keep me posted

Viva Raul

The Viking
26-02-2008, 10:49 PM
Oh,
The lovely old Gs...
I have a couple of sites that I look after where they still are going strong.
The biggest problem nowadays is to get hold of spares as they no longer are "supported".

A good start would be to be to visit my site and download the manual.

And please feel free to post updates of how you are getting on.

Alternatively, I could come and trouble shoot it for you but unfortunately, I would have to charge travel from London UK........

BTW, didn't you retire yesterday??:confused:

Billy Ray
29-02-2008, 11:37 PM
Me likewise,

G series Daikin VRV were the start of the modern inverter driven VRV. early ninety's, Daikin & Mitsubishi alike were both good.

Pity the modern Daikin's have taken a nose dive!! You cant live by name only....... You need to perform........

Bily Ray

Thermatech
01-03-2008, 03:36 PM
The G series was fairly basic & worked really well but as a basic platform to start off with its not been easy for the big D to develop with R407c & then R410 models.
By contrast the R22 Mitsubishi Electric City Multi system was much more advanced on the electronics & refrigeration circuit in the first place & was therefore a much better platform on which to develop the improvements seen in the last 14 years.

I have been commissioning VRVIII systems lately & I realy do think Daikin have lost the plot.
I realy liked the G series but now Daikin seem to be exceeding the limitations of a 3 pipe system. The B/C boxes now have 5 EEV valves. G series had 3 solenoid valves. Emagine how difficult it will be to try to diagnose a problem with a system which is not working very well & it could be a problem with any EEV valve not opening or shutting correctly & each indoor unit is connected to a box with 5 EEV valves!!!

In the UK in the 90's Daikin sold a lot more VRV than Mitsubishi sold City Multi VRF but gradually Mitsubishi made up ground , perhaps this is one reason why so many projects now go to Mitsubishi.

Claireo
06-03-2008, 10:41 AM
Try looking at this site Oakland Group. They seem to be knowlegable and always have an answer to fix a problem. I have had my Daikin Air conditioning unit installed by them a 3 years ago, and they are fast on responce.

Claire

nike123
06-03-2008, 11:10 AM
Hi, Claireo!

You think they are that fast on Cuba?:D

stuartwking
06-03-2008, 09:58 PM
Pay my travel and i will be there!.,, I find the G ser vrvs are great and have some that are still going strong.There are a few good guys at Daikin uk which were really clued up on the Kit.Im sure we could hook you up with there phone number is you like, as long as you can understand the glasgow acsent?! haha