25-02-2008, 06:17 AM
hi,all
How about these two manufactures York and Vilter,anythings......:o

Josip
25-02-2008, 09:46 AM
Hi, sagittarius :)

hi,all
How about these two manufactures York and Vilter,anythings......:o

What do you mean exactly:confused:.....btw York is JCI now....

Best regards, Josip :)

sagittarius
25-02-2008, 11:13 AM
I found a thread about twin screw and single screw compressor.
I mean anyone who can tell me about the two companies mainly in market in USA or international.
York is an international twin screw manufacuture.
Vilter is a national one.

TXiceman
26-02-2008, 08:06 PM
Vilter is MUCH smaller and has much less support available for the screws. The York screw is the Frick design twin rotor which is a well proven compressor.

Ken

absrbrtek
27-02-2008, 03:22 AM
Vilter has minimal tech support if any, parts are expensive with long lead times. Vilter is just about non existant in the US. Go with Frick/York.

sagittarius
27-02-2008, 03:32 AM
Vilter is mainly making single screw. It is that twin screw is made by other manufacture using Vilter's nameplate,isn't it right?
York is main maker twin screw,and it is successful . It belongs to JCI.
The reason I wanna know the differece between these two maker, I wanna use the single screw in one project.

US Iceman
27-02-2008, 03:52 AM
Vilter manufactures the single screw entirely. The twin screw package they sell uses Howden compressors, but they manufacture the remainder of the package.

sagittarius
27-02-2008, 04:40 AM
Work hard so much!US Iceman
It's midnight now in USA,isn't it? Respects to you!
How about Vilter's business or markets?

gwapa
27-02-2008, 05:15 AM
The Monoscrew was invented for Howden UK. I think there are very few company with this pattent. One of those is Vilter. At the begining they had many problem with the material of the star but now they are ok. The Vilter compresor is more or less 30% cheapper als twin screw. The star are very easy to change. The COP are more or less equals.
Vilter use to be a worker company . Now I think they made a reengieenering improvement and are much better.
They are selling a lot compressor to the Gas Industries
Regards
Gwapa

gwapa
27-02-2008, 05:18 AM
The Monoscrew was invented for Hall UK
Sorry
Gwapa

US Iceman
27-02-2008, 05:24 AM
Actually, the single screw was invented by a Frenchman and licensed to some manufacturers for production. Hall was one of the first I believe along with a Japanese company for air compression.

sagittarius
27-02-2008, 05:36 AM
Vilter has minimal tech support if any, parts are expensive with long lead times. Vilter is just about non existant in the US. Go with Frick/York.:confused:
Is it true?

Core4 Guy
27-02-2008, 07:41 AM
Well this one is interesting. It's funny to read all the responses. I am a Vilter (From Milwaukee) applogist. They have a great machine in theory. There can't theoretically be a better part load machine made (if set up properly) and the opposing rotors really do reduce main bearing thrust wear. This gives this machine the ability to be applied in other unique applications. It is a simple machine with easy to change internal parts. I've had 40+ units in the last 10 years. No screw problems. Problems with package parts but not the screws.

But with that said, I haven't bought a Vilter in a few years for other reasons. Ive had FES packages and Mycom Packages with great results also.

As far as technical help goes. You must have had a bad problem to have not gotten help from any screw company. Parts I will somewhat agree with. You may want to stock common components.

By the way the US armed forces use single screws on nuke subs for air compression. The single screw is really are great machines.

sagittarius
27-02-2008, 11:56 AM
This subject is not a techinical issue.Each one has his opinions on his condition.
All welcome.