PDA

View Full Version : is this for real

farren
24-02-2008, 12:23 PM
hi several weeks ago one of my customers asked me to remove the defrost cycle from 2 of their wics ok last week i was asked to return no icing on evap although they still had door open as often i noticed no smell in coldroom even though their were fresh onions stored chef told me runing time on comp had decreased food life extended he explained a type of filter had been fitted that removes moisture eliminates icing prolongs food storage times extends mechanical life less wear and tear and saves money on wastage electricity and on breakdowns also told me this thing also kills bacteria dont know how mutch is true but definately no smell in box at all any one heard of this before IS THIS FOR REAL

Josip
24-02-2008, 01:14 PM
Hi, farren :)

welcome to RE forums...

hi several weeks ago one of my customers asked me to remove the defrost cycle from 2 of their wics ok last week i was asked to return no icing on evap although they still had door open as often i noticed no smell in coldroom even though their were fresh onions stored chef told me runing time on comp had decreased food life extended he explained a type of filter had been fitted that removes moisture eliminates icing prolongs food storage times extends mechanical life less wear and tear and saves money on wastage electricity and on breakdowns also told me this thing also kills bacteria dont know how mutch is true but definately no smell in box at all any one heard of this before IS THIS FOR REAL

very interesting, but hard to say, can you give some more info all about;)

Best regards, Josip :)

Abe
24-02-2008, 01:16 PM
Im intrigued as well

farren
24-02-2008, 01:58 PM
sorry lads dont know what it is will try to get more info the chef was just pleased to tell me his savings and hopes he will not see much of me

Plank!
24-02-2008, 03:34 PM
Is this a dehumidifier by any chance?
Combined with a carbon filter it could do most of what your saying.
I've only seen them fitted in much larger cold stores.

paul_h
24-02-2008, 03:38 PM
That's what I was thinking, some kind of passive dehumidfier, but then again, fresh produce is going to hate dry air.

Grizzly
24-02-2008, 03:45 PM
It could simply be a Ozone Generator (ozonator) as sometimes used in larger Cold Stores as mentioned by Plank!
Check out the link below.
Grizzly

http://www.ozonator.com/

nike123
24-02-2008, 03:48 PM
It could simply be a Ozone Generator (ozonator) as sometimes used in larger Cold Stores as mentioned by Plank!
Check out the link below.
Grizzly

http://www.ozonator.com/

How that is going to reduce ice forming?

powell
24-02-2008, 05:25 PM
farren

Maybe the chef was incorrect in his use of the word “filter”. There is a company called XDX which manufactures a component that is installed downstream of the TEV. The benefits of using this product are similar to what you have described.

I sold quite a few to Disney - Orlando FL, with success in operation.

It will be easier for you to check out the web site for an explanation of how its works.

Check out the link below:

XDX (skips the intro): http://xdxusa.com/index.php (http://xdxusa.com/index.php)?

You might want to view the video presentations.

Powell

Grizzly
24-02-2008, 08:35 PM
How that is going to reduce ice forming?
Good point one I missed, Sorry I now am as mystified as the rest?
Grizzly

farren
25-02-2008, 09:12 PM
hi lads it is actually 3 filters on ceiling 2ft x 2ft it is a type of stone the chef say it not only removes moisture it can control it by giving it back if reqiured a fellow comes every 4 weeks and replaces them tell you more as i can i intend to be thier when he comes and get full info

farren
25-02-2008, 09:23 PM
grizzly checked out ozonator sounds much the same but this is in coldrooms not in domestics could just be a larger version

powell
25-02-2008, 09:53 PM
farren,

Well, my first guess was a complete bust. Check out this site, I think their product is very similar to what you have.

powell

Humitech: http://www.humitech.co.nz

farren
25-02-2008, 10:20 PM
powell you may well have cracked the case checked out the web site sounds very similar language as the chef was using well done mate

nike123
25-02-2008, 10:39 PM
farren,

Well, my first guess was a complete bust. Check out this site, I think their product is very similar to what you have.

powell

Humitech: http://www.humitech.co.nz

I think both products are worth to consider as aid in achieving best possible conditions in refrigerated enclosure.
Personally, I think first one is much more beneficiary.

expat
26-02-2008, 07:17 PM
Re: is this for real

Indeed I wonder. The sites I found in France, England and New Zealand were all commercial sites: hard sell, buy into the franchise, be quick last one on the shelf technique.

I'm always rather dubious of these wonder products, ever since at the age of 10 I bought the x-ray glasses:rolleyes:. Oh, and BTW, they want you to fork out 30k euros up front.

Second idea looks very much for real. I'm going to register with the site and try and find out what it's all about (25%-50% reduction in defrosts sounds good).

farren
26-02-2008, 10:26 PM
expat have you checked it out looksthe one to me

red150695
25-04-2009, 06:29 PM
Hi,

I am evaluating similar product of the type mentioned in this post, and need some help in this evaluation. I am thinking of taking on a franchise, so any help would be appreciated.

I have a RH and Temperature logger that I have fitted in a Chill room. If anyone would like the data just ask.

The one question that I need some extra help on is. When ice builds up on the evaporation coils, does that trip the defrost cycle or is it a timer, or both?

If anyone has any questions about the product, I will do my best to answer them.

Red

al
25-04-2009, 07:31 PM
Red

Could you pm me the data you have? I've just seen one installed in a room here and am intrigued as to how it works!!

al

coolhibby1875
25-04-2009, 10:19 PM
i have been doing a chineese supermarket for years and they swear by this product

red150695
25-04-2009, 11:06 PM
Hi AL,
I will have to send the software as well or I don't think you can read it. I will be talking to the company on Monday. I will send it then hopefully.

al
25-04-2009, 11:32 PM
thanks Red

al

Magoo
26-04-2009, 01:18 AM
I live in .co.nz and never heard about it.
I will see what I can find out from this end of the world.
magoo

Goober
26-04-2009, 07:03 AM
Aaahh!!!! The con has spread. I posted a thread regarding this product quite a while ago, it pertained to the HUMITECH product. Personnaly I believe they are a fad, a have, a con, call it what you like. they make all these wild claims about what the product can do etc. One thing it can do, that I don't dispute is the removal of odour and to an extend remove moisture.

However to claim that it can CONTROL the moisture in a room, reduce running costs, keep product fresher longer is stretching it. We in the industry have any number of humidity monitoring and control devices that are sometimes quite complicated, yet they claim that an inert crushed rock substance can control humidity, PUULEEEZE.

And......what about reduced run times of equipment..how on earth can they prove this when there are so many varibles contributing to the load on a room.

I am envious, has they can sell a product and make shed loads of money for nothing. I'm to honest and couldn't sell something i KNOW IS CRAP.

I complained here in NZ to the Advertising Standard Complaints board about there claims they made on there website. They accepted my complaint but evetually rejected it when overwelmed by various dubious reports from Humitech supporting there claims. Couldn't be bothered lodgeing an appeal.

I just try and tell my customers it's a con. IF only they would spend the money with me, they'd have a well maintained system, but alas no.:(

Can't find my previous post!!!

nike123
26-04-2009, 07:55 AM
Can't find my previous post!!!
http://www.refrigeration-engineer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=127252#post127252

Goober
26-04-2009, 08:46 AM
Cheers Nike, Ya Legend.