PDA

View Full Version : help

Matty
23-02-2008, 04:21 PM
I just tried to comission a vrvIII serving 8 cassettes with 6 vam units.....centraly contolled with an i controler,,,,,,,the outdoor recognises all cassettes but no vams ? please help

Dr._Fleck
23-02-2008, 04:39 PM
"i controller" :confused: Perhaps you could try the Apple website:)

Seriously though, i have got no idea what you are talking about, and i suspect nobody else does either from the lack of response.

Try providing more details, such as make and model.

monkey spanners
23-02-2008, 05:02 PM
Theres a nice welcoming response to someones first post:rolleyes:

I'm sure that someone helpfull will be along soon:)

MS

paul_h
23-02-2008, 06:11 PM

Seriously though, i have got no idea what you are talking about, and i suspect nobody else does either from the lack of response.

Try providing more details, such as make and model.Lack of response? What you mean for the whole of 19 minutes?
vrvIII = daikin too, you must be new to the trade/forums if you didn't know that.

edit:
VVV
Sorry, didn't want to call you out on that, I agree that more information in the OP is better, I'm just annoyed because most tech forums (non refrig related) have the usual first replier get in as fast as they can to flame the OP, and so many others "call" on other posters with two ****s worth of effort just to write a reply for their own ego, trying to be-little someone else in the minimal amount of words to earn brownie points in internet hell.
If you don't know what the OP is going on about (happens here a lot with non native english speakers - not that it's the case this time, but I've seen it before), and haven't even come across the problem yourself, the best you can do is find ways to get more info if you feel the need to post anything, not call them out for being idiots. That way at least any info you've got them to spit out will at least benefit anyone else who reads the thread and knows what's going on.

Dr._Fleck
23-02-2008, 06:53 PM
yes i get a bit mixed up with the times on here:rolleyes: my settings are on GMT but the website time says 05.46pm (which is a bit odd in itself, it should be either 5.46pm or 05.46 not both) anyway the time here is 4.31pm

and yes again, i don't know much about A/C especially Daikins... i'll get me coat:(

p_p
23-02-2008, 08:08 PM
You are starting to annoy a few people on here Dr Fleck.

Any particular reason ?????

p_p
23-02-2008, 08:19 PM
Hi Matty

Not worked on VRV 3 but from previous experience I would imagine your fault lies in the wiring or addressing. Indoor / outdoor/ remote.

Regards

PP

The Viking
23-02-2008, 09:11 PM
OK,

BACK ON TRACK GENTLEMEN!

I guess your I-touch controller is connected to the VRVIII outdoor unit...
From there the I-touch will be able to pick up the cassettes as they are "speaking" to the outdoor unit.

If I remember correctly, there is no reason for the VAM units to "talk" to the VRVII outdoor unit.

Therefore, the network cable from the I-touch to the outdoor unit will have to be extended to, and "daisy chained" between the F1/F2 terminals on the VAM units.

Matty, Good luck...

For the rest of you, have a look HERE (http://www.refrigeration-engineer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=91756#post91756)

Matty
24-02-2008, 12:38 AM
i as in intelligent touch controller.....It's ok i've sorted it....but thanks for the support pal ???

Try providing more details, such as make and model.

Matty
24-02-2008, 12:41 AM
all daisy chained in correct order.....

andy c
24-02-2008, 01:24 PM
Matty, Have you got this sorted now. Andy C.

The Viking
24-02-2008, 02:00 PM
all daisy chained in correct order.....

In which case, have you addressed the VAM units?

puddleboy3
24-02-2008, 03:12 PM
Hi Matty, as already pointed out by the Viking there is no need for the outdoor unit to communicate with the VAMs. If I was installing the system I would wire up as follows

1. F1 F2 wiring from indoor connection on outdoor unit would connect to the BS boxes if it is a heat recovery or stright to the indoor fan coils and daisy chain along them all.

2. If it is a heat recovery system the VAM units would be wired in to the BS box outdoor connection chain.

3. Your I controller F1 F2 would wire direct to the outdoor unit (outdoor connection)

4. Hey presto you will now be able to set in your group numbers on all your indoors and VAM units.

5. If I can remember right if you are not connecting any controllers to the VAM units and only depending on the I controller to control them you will have limited control i.e you will not be able to switch between heat recovery modes you will only be able to start and stop them and change the fan speeds.

Hope this helps:)

Obi Wan
24-02-2008, 04:20 PM
Hi Matty,

There is some good advice by The Viking and Puddleboy3, follow it and you will have no problems.
To add to the advice already given, I recommend that when programming the group numbers on the VAM units, you should also programme the field setting 17-7-02.

Also when setting up the iTouch controller, in the Control Point Registration when you click on the “Add” button, select HRV. This will differentiate between an indoor unit and the VAM.
Click OK. Then click on “Modify” and Enable the ventilation mode, Freshen Up and Air volume Auto mode. Then click OK.

Now in the normal operation screens you will have full control of the VAMs. You can change the mode, set fresh up mode, adjust the fan speed read faults, and so on.

I am of course assuming you have a C Type iTouch controller (one with the pen on the top and not down the side).

Regards

Obi Wan

Matty
24-02-2008, 07:41 PM
thanks obi, puddle, viking...Will be on site 8am armed with my knew found knowledge thanks to you guys, yes the pen is across the top,,,,,,if i get anymore probs with it i;ll be back here monday night !!!! cheers guys