PDA

View Full Version : Scotsman test mode?

GaryM
21-02-2008, 06:09 PM
I have a cm3 that floods. The solenoid appears to function properly, this intermitant problem occurs when the bin is full, the solenoid stays open and unit overflows I have never witnessed this happen and the maintenance man shuts it down. So I was wondering what the test cycle initiator is on these units.

Chunk
21-02-2008, 09:03 PM
Hi Garym.The fault sounds like the bin switch/stat is not shutting the unit down all the time.As for a test switch i am at a loss.but i`ll keep looking.:) Chunk.

Chunk
21-02-2008, 09:11 PM
http://www.scotsman-ice.com/docs/uploaded/sct/manual/CME124M.PDF Try this out its documentation on similar machines that might answer some questions. hope it helps. Chunk.

TGraham
22-02-2008, 02:25 AM
Gary when the machine floods where does the water end up. ie in the bin, on the floor. If solenoid is hanging up the stand pipe should let it go down the drain.:confused: where is the maintenance man cleaning up water?

Philip
22-02-2008, 10:22 AM
Hi Gary,Kindly check the sensor at the evaporator cover of your ice machine as it is the main cut out of your machine during bin full..might somebody try to fix and alter the connections..