PDA

View Full Version : Small Geothermal Heat Pump

EDDC
21-02-2008, 01:08 AM
greetings to those who know more than me & are willing to share it;

i would like to put together a small geothermal heat (only) pump using a condenser unit such as used at a supermarket for food. the complete unit, except for the txv, ***** to water exchanger & circ pump, would be totally enclosed in the discharge of my whole house air filtration system (approx 200-300 cfm). the small fan would be removed. available well water is 57f, though would like capabilty of +/- 10f. prefer 3000-4000 btu (already have two ton geo heat pump). any suggestions?

thanks much;
eddc

yangchenchen
21-02-2008, 03:58 AM
i know sth about geothermal heat pump, but what you said is not very clear, i am not able to check out your meaning.
any one more suggestions?

EDDC
23-02-2008, 04:39 PM
i guess i would like some direction on which is best; a low, medium, or high temp condenser, type of refrigerant, rough size / type heat exchanger. i can vary air & water flow; txv should take care of *****.
would like to get things right the 1st time. geothermal is getting more popular & a small constant heat output is preferable to one that cycles on / off.
my air filtration fan runs 24/7 & is quiet. it only makes sense to tie both of these together. aim is to save money, though i don't mind spending $ to accomplish it, also enjoyable to try new things. i've tried electric, wood, hot water & solar, next logical step is geo.

appreciate;

eddc

lucky-old-sun
15-07-2008, 06:09 PM
i guess i would like some direction on which is best; a low, medium, or high temp condenser, type of refrigerant, rough size / type heat exchanger. i can vary air & water flow; txv should take care of *****. eddc

Sounds like an interesting project.

I'm working on a very small water-in-water-out heat pump project myself.

I have made a test unit out of a used dehumidifier compressor and two heat exchangers. I have done some initial testing and have photos and performance graphs to share.

My plan is to develope a small ground-source/solar-assist heat pump that I will use to heat a hydronic floor.

My research & testing indicates that this is the best way to go.

I have plenty of information to share and many more questions.

Regards,
* lucky-old-sun *

Brian_UK
15-07-2008, 11:50 PM
Hi Lucky and welcome to the forum.

yangchenchen
17-07-2008, 07:38 AM
i am working on designing of brine to water heat pump, the geothermal combined with solar heater will be a trend.