PDA

View Full Version : Hitachi AC Invertor Problem

martin ice
20-02-2008, 09:26 AM
i have customer with a hitachi split ac rac 25yh5 not producing enough heat after testing out unit only pulling 850 watts normally pulling 1200 watts can you help. gas levels ok and temperature below set point.

The Viking
20-02-2008, 09:40 AM
i have customer with a hitachi split ac rac 25yh5 not producing enough heat after testing out unit only pulling 850 watts normally pulling 1200 watts can you help. gas levels ok and temperature below set point.

OK,
We need more info I'm afraid (but this is a standard reply to this type of questions).....

What's the air ON and air OFF temperatures in heating and cooling?
What's the running pressures in heating and cooling?
What's the subcooling and superheat in heating and cooling?

Is the basics.....

If all the above checks out and my memory serves me right, then the Hitachi kit is quite good in the fact that you can fully interrogate it from their standard remote controllers....

Good luck

nike123
20-02-2008, 10:19 AM
Ad to that air temp in and out at indoor and outdoor unit!
Also, before measure anything make reset of unit (remove from power suply for 5 min).

nike123
20-02-2008, 10:21 AM
How did you checked gas level?

frank
20-02-2008, 10:28 AM
Hitachi kit is quite good in the fact that you can fully interrogate it from their standard remote controllers....

Viking - the RAC25 is a small wall fan coil and comes with an infra-red hand held remote, so these functions aren't available. :)