PDA

View Full Version : Scuba Divers

benncool
04-06-2003, 01:43 AM
Being a new dude on the Board, I was just wondering if there are any other refrigerating air hogs out there?

I'm from Vermont (USA) "The Green Mountain State". Even though we don't have any ocean coast line in Vermont, Jacque Cousteau learned how to swim here. It's the truth. I found this fact while doing a term paper about him.

superheat
08-07-2003, 08:53 PM
Just got my certification. Been diving in mexico and Jamaca. A buddy of mine let my dive with his tanks. Never dived legally outside a swimming pool though.

benncool
15-08-2003, 06:07 PM
This is a quote by Jacques Cousteau that I think sums up why I like Scuba Diving,

"From birth, man carriers the weight of the world on his shoulders. He is bolted to the earth. But man has only to sink beneath the surface ond he is free."

Darren wright
30-05-2004, 02:38 PM
PADI Advanced qualified :) ...do a lot of quarry diving & diving around the uk coast, its like ice diving here in the winter at the quarries :D

wilf
31-05-2004, 08:34 AM
i know what u mean ,i have been diving arround this coast for 16 yrs...scotland, oban is good this time of year

Coolie
10-11-2004, 06:55 PM
Been diving for two years now... Have padi advanced and am currently doing rescue diver.
I have done the Emergency first response and Dan O2 courses already.
Have not dived in the uk, only south Africa (Sodwana bay} and in the Red Sea [Sharm el Sheik x2] Have yet to phsyc myself up for a UK Dive!!
I really love it but have recenlty been introduced to golf and due to weight restrictions on the airlines I cant take my scuba gear as well as my golf clubs abroad so At the moment I am in termoil as to what my next holiday should be!!

Latte
10-11-2004, 08:30 PM
Hi Guys,

Hmmm, scuba diving in this country ok

South Africa, Jamaca, California :eek: I don;t think so.

I was listening to the radio a couple of weeks ago when minni driver was being interviewed. Apparently she is a keen surfer as she lives in california and one day while she was out a shark swam underneath here surfboard. It was only that a lifeguard who was on duty at the time and saw the incident made her go back in the water otherwise she said she would never go in again.

Well it's like this, if there are big fish in the waters with big teeth then all the money in world will not get me in there with them.
I Don't care how few shark attacks there are in the world i am going NOWHERE near the sea if i ever to to Aus/America/S Africa.

Regards

Fatboy (Yes i am sure i look like a fat juicy seal from underneath)

Coolie
11-11-2004, 05:52 PM
i am going NOWHERE near the sea if i ever to to Aus/America/S Africa.

With an attitude like that you'll never live life to the full. When I was in S. Africa one of my dives was with approximately 6-7 ragged tooth shark. It was fantastic appart from the fact that the visibility was rubbish. In Egypt I've seen hammerhead shark.
It's a different world underwater and the sharks tend to leave you alone (unless it's a great white)
Most shark attacks on humans are only a case of mistaken identity. Our flesh must taste rubbish with all the crap we eat.
If you are ever in Egypt I urge you to give it a try! You'll never know otherwise!

Mark
11-11-2004, 08:21 PM
yes,unforgettable experience me and my wife dove in mexico on our honeymoon it was fab.................. :)

Latte
11-11-2004, 09:10 PM
[QUOTE=Coolie]Most shark attacks on humans are only a case of mistaken identity. Our flesh must taste rubbish with all the crap we eat.

And exactly how many bites does it take to take an arm/leg or your'e life.

Thanks but no thanks, i will stick to looking at the scenery on the beach :eek:

Regards

Ray

Abe
11-11-2004, 09:47 PM
. When I was in S. Africa one of my dives was with approximately 6-7 ragged tooth shark.

Coolie, hmmm a South African, presumely the shark was in Durban, youre not Indian by any chance ????
:D

Coolie
11-11-2004, 11:44 PM
Coolie, hmmm a South African, presumely the shark was in Durban, youre not Indian by any chance ????
:D

I suppose you thought I was diving from the docks but hey, ek se bobby, I'm not a charou! I'm a wit ou!

The username comes from what we do for a living
(cooling stuff)

......oh and the sharks were in Sodwana bay, way north of Durbs, I would not swim of the coast of Durban mainly cause I'm 5000 miles away. Secondly, because my stuff will probably get nicked from the beach while I'm goofing!

Coolie
09-12-2004, 06:26 PM
Thanks but no thanks, i will stick to looking at the scenery on the beach :eek:
Why don't you go and have a look at this (http://www.i2ko.com/Careers/Fun/White_Shark_Cage_Diving_Cape_Town.html)

It offers more protection than just swimming!