PDA

View Full Version : Micro-Link 2i Interface

sebrown
20-02-2008, 02:13 AM
Hi All,

I am a software/hardware developer trying to interface to a Carrier Transicold Thinline fridge that has a Micro-Link 2i controller, does anyone have a technical document on how to get information from the controller.

Regards,
Sean.

Will
20-02-2008, 04:52 AM
Hi Sean.

I work with ML2s all day long, what type of info are you after ?

Also, does the unit have a data port ?

absolute-zero
20-02-2008, 06:36 PM
Hi All,

I am a software/hardware developer trying to interface to a Carrier Transicold Thinline fridge that has a Micro-Link 2i controller, does anyone have a technical document on how to get information from the controller.

Regards,
Sean.

What are you trying to accomplish, from your description of what your looking for,, I am guessing that your trying to interface some sort of tracking and monitoring system, via sattelite or cellular system accessed via World Wide Web??????:cool:

If not and all your trying to do is communicate to the microlink, to extract trip reports and history temps and events,, I reccomend Dataline S/W, using a PC with Hardware RS 232 DB9 serial interface....

You can purchase s/w through local CTC dealer or CTC affiliate, if they will sell to you, it seems you can get it, if you say the magic words... I would like to pay for a copy of Dataline S/W.... But be sure you say those words, other wise the assumtion is,,, you want it for free.....

I hope this helps.....

A-Z

sebrown
21-02-2008, 01:40 AM
Hi Will & absolute-zero,

Yes l am trying to interface a monitor web application with this controller. My unit has a RS232 port.

The information l am looking for is what protocol/messages do l have send the controller to get it to return fridge information to me.

Is there a tech specifications document l can get?

Cya,
Sean.

absolute-zero
21-02-2008, 03:34 AM
Hi Will & absolute-zero,

Yes l am trying to interface a monitor web application with this controller. My unit has a RS232 port.

The information l am looking for is what protocol/messages do l have send the controller to get it to return fridge information to me.

Is there a tech specifications document l can get?

Cya,
Sean.

I know what your looking and regert that I dont have that info to share!!!!!!!!

Sorry buddy........

A-Z