PDA

View Full Version : Beer celar

taz24
19-02-2008, 09:02 PM
I've just been to a site today to check on the instalation of a new beer celar cooling system.
The lads have done a lovely job and the pipework runs look great. I had to smile though when it came to commisioning it.

The ambient temp is -2degC and the room is set to run at about 12degC.

I left them to it:D.

Cheers taz.

Brian_UK
19-02-2008, 10:01 PM
Has it got reverse insulation fitted to the structure ;)

LRAC
19-02-2008, 10:09 PM

That copper must have been hard to bend:):) i hope you provided many cups of tea:D

US Iceman
19-02-2008, 10:11 PM

It seems a shame to have to operate a refrigeraiton system when the outside air temperature is colder than the desired temperature for the storage space though.;)

Springbok
19-02-2008, 10:59 PM
Nice one...what seems could be a brain teaser,can only be solved by some simple general knowledge.Good luck to the lads....

richardb14
19-02-2008, 11:07 PM
oh! how I would love a pint from this pub :)

-2 sounds great!

taz24
19-02-2008, 11:12 PM
That copper must have been hard to bend:):) i hope you provided many cups of tea:D

Undoubtedly:)

The runs look good though, half hard drawn pipe and all bends done correctley with benders:)

typical instal with twists and turns round walls and beams but lads can be proud and i told them so.:)

<TABLE class=tborder style="BORDER-TOP-WIDTH: 0px" cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR title="Post 93813" vAlign=top><TD class=alt1 align=middle width=125>Brian_UK</TD><TD class=alt2>Has it got reverse insulation fitted to the structure ;)</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

It was funy actualy because they had aquired a 3Kw halogen lamp heater from somewhere, they were using their inginuaty:)

Cheers taz

The Viking
19-02-2008, 11:56 PM
I was once called out to a supermarket in a remote village of Sweden because their freezers had packed up.

The shop manager got upset when I said that it would take me about 6 hours to get there..."All their frozen stuff would defrost!"
When I suggested that they put it in cages and rolled it out on the loading bay (this was just after Christmas in the middle of Sweden, the ambient were someting like -20C) he replied:
"It would get stolen there"

You can never win......

taz24
20-02-2008, 01:00 AM
You can never win......

There no pleasing some people:D

taz

Dr._Fleck
20-02-2008, 03:37 PM
I've often wondered if an extractor fan on reverse would be practical for a beer cellar, even our summers are usually cold enough, think of the reduced electric bill.

TRASH101
20-02-2008, 05:31 PM
I was working in Denmark one winter in the mid 80`s where for a week it was so cold we had our tea break in a freezer as it was warmer than the tearoom :eek:

750 Valve
27-02-2008, 01:35 PM
Had a service call or two in winter here in Australia when the cellarman would come in and think his kegroom wasn't running, you'd think that if its warmer in the coolroom than outside - we don't see that too often down here.

Also started up a single comp dairy case system in a country supermarket mid winter a couple of years ago, bomb charged the R507 and wouldn't reach cut in on the LP I'd preset with nitro the day before - went in and checked the case temp... 1 deg C shelf temp, shopfloor temp -2C (it had a tin roof, no insulation and cooling only A/C units). Gotta love some free refrigeration but O/C defrosts were a little tedious - installed heating in the store shortly after.

Mark
27-02-2008, 09:00 PM
I've just been to a site today to check on the instalation of a new beer celar cooling system.
The lads have done a lovely job and the pipework runs look great. I had to smile though when it came to commisioning it.

I left them to it:D.

Cheers taz.

That brings back memories..
When i was working on cellar coolers etc a few years ago, they use to install Ice machines in the "cellar" as well.
They would either cut out on Bin Stat with no/very little ice in the bin or if they were Icematic machines the client would put bottles of wine in the bin with the ice, and this would bend the gudgin pin on the drip tray when the machine went on Harvest.

Mark