PDA

View Full Version : Difference Between Vrv And Vrf

vj.star4u
19-02-2008, 12:44 PM
Dear all

If any one has detailed information between the difference between VRV and VRF,please send that to me .Please send that to my email id [EMAIL= E mail address removed by the moderator. [/EMAIL].
its urgent.

Vijay anand

AcidSlasher
19-02-2008, 12:53 PM
They are essentially the same thing, EXCEPT the term VRV is copyrighted by daikin. for example a system by daikin may be called a VRV, but a similar system made by fujitsu is a VRF.

VRV = Variable Refrigerant Volume, VRF = Variable Refrigerant Flow.

Argus
19-02-2008, 02:33 PM

It's as Acidslasher remarked.

They are two interchangeable terms for the same machine. It means the same.

Following Daikin's registration of 'VRV' as a 'trade name', VRF has become the accepted generic term for these machines.

sinewave
19-02-2008, 08:33 PM
VRF as used by Mitsi and others is the more acurate term. :D

VRF - Variable Refrigerant Flow is essentialy what goes on inside the system. :p

VRV - Variable Refrigerant Volume does not really happen so therefore Daikin can keep their Guarded terminology! :rolleyes:

AcidSlasher
20-02-2008, 07:36 AM
yeah the actual volume of refrigerant doesnt change, so i dont know why its called variable. Flow is much more accurate.

claws
30-01-2011, 08:04 AM
yeah the actual volume of refrigerant doesnt change, so i dont know why its called variable.

Refrigerants, when they exist in gaseous state, they are compressible and so their volume can be varied. ;)

VRVIII
31-01-2011, 09:24 PM
VRV - Variable Refrigerant Volume does not really happen so therefore Daikin can keep their Guarded terminology! :rolleyes:

I think you will find Daikin invented and patented the first VRV system. Other manufactures then followed by designing there own VRF system, most of which were copies. :p

Personally I think the latest VRV heat recovery is far superior to the present VRF systems:
Ø Higher COP
Ø Continuous heating during defrost
Ø No capacity loss during indoor mode change
Ø Heating mode high capacity start up (providing rapid heat up of indoor coils)