PDA

View Full Version : new member uk

TEMPAIRE
14-02-2008, 08:30 PM
hello to all just like to say site is very informative and when i get the time will enjoy the conversations.

looking to take family to australia so any info on a/c & fridge rules and regs would be helpful.

Brian_UK
14-02-2008, 09:10 PM
Hi Tempaire and welcome.

TEMPAIRE
14-02-2008, 09:52 PM
thanks for the nice welcome brian.
looking at your posts you have obviously been reading alot of discussions is it me or is there more to it i have been in the trade for 21 years and have worked on a range of equipment and am looking to emigrate to australia and whilst i am confident on my abilities the threads i read seem to point out that qualifications is the be all and end all. i have the old c&g 207c part 3 much better than nvq i think and of course the uk safe handling cert among various other so called courses my point is before safe handing became a legal requirement i was going about my work and carrying out the usual tasks until asked to produce my safe handing card at first i laughed but the guy insisted that no card no work i asked the trainee who was with me to show his card as it come with is nvq qualification and all was fine only to be a problem when he asked me where to connect the gauges. yes i do believe training is required but to what extent.
this kind of conveyor belt system will only cause more problems. so save me the trouble is this the norm across the site or like i said is it just me.

Brian_UK
14-02-2008, 10:08 PM
No, I don't think that it's just you, don't panic ;)

As far as going to Australia there are a few threads going on that subject which, I must admit not to have followed.

I did read in the newspaper recently that Adelaide, I think, are begging for UK engineering staff apparently. I'm sure that experience will win through even if you have to take a local ticket to get up to speed over there.

Anyway, enjoy the site and good luck whichever way you go.