PDA

View Full Version : oil control systems

all-temps
14-02-2008, 02:51 PM
Does anyone have any drawings or diagrams on oil control systems or know of any websites/webaddress wher i can get some?
im having difficulty finding anything!

The MG Pony
14-02-2008, 03:39 PM
What aspect of the oil are you trying to control? With out a perpos it is rather difficult to even begin!

What is the type of plant, the refrigerant, temp rang, compressor type.

Are you trying to control: Oil pressure, temp, quality, recovery, sepperation?

all-temps
14-02-2008, 03:44 PM
It is for a multi evaporator, multi compressor system like a pack unit where the oil levels need to be monitored and controlled throughout the system!

The MG Pony
14-02-2008, 03:53 PM
Ok, so you want to ensure equal distrobution and levels amongst the compressors?

And are they Hermetic or semi, are they using oil pumps or just splash lubricated?

Oh and what system do you currently have in place and what is the reason for switching over, or is there no system in place and an issue has arrised to prompt you wishing to install one?

all-temps
14-02-2008, 03:58 PM
hermetic compressors
no system in place at the moment?

The MG Pony
14-02-2008, 04:05 PM
Ok so we have a rack of Hermetics, For that We need to ensure they have equal amounts of oil, Simplist way would be to install equalizing ports in the sum of the compressors and allow gravity to do the job.

Issues with this: All compressors must be level and the internal crank case pressure must be equal, Piping lay out must be well don with proper slopping.

Benifits cheap, efficient and verry little to go wrong and cheap

Active system would involve an Oil seperator, resavour, check valve, Oil level floats on the compressors

Benifites: Oil does not go through the evaps, and is returned straight to the compressors, piping layout is not as critical

Disadvantages: More costly, complex, more potential parts to fail.

I got to blitz but I'm sure others will take on where I left off!

nike123
14-02-2008, 05:53 PM
Download this!
http://tinyurl.com/3yg62v
Also on Copeland site you have AE bulletins with lot on this subject

all-temps
14-02-2008, 06:37 PM
Thanks nike123
thats the sort of thing i was looking for but if any one else has any drawings/diagrams or downloads they would be much appreciated!.

powell
14-02-2008, 10:59 PM
Thanks nike123
thats the sort of thing i was looking for but if any one else has any drawings/diagrams or downloads they would be much appreciated!.
Here's a link to the Copeland AE bulletins. Section 17-1320 and 4-1299 might be of some help, no diagrams though.

www hvacrinfo.com/ae_index.htm

A few more posts and I'll be able to post the complete link so you want need to type it out.;)

powell
14-02-2008, 11:12 PM
Here's another link to Temprite's site. Pretty good stuff.

temprite.com/main_content.asp?sitename=temprite&pagename=resources

Brian_UK
15-02-2008, 12:36 AM
You could also have a look at the Henry website and download docs such as ...

http://www.henrytech.com/Tips/HT-TT6.pdf