PDA

View Full Version : Malnar Evaporators

Industrial tech
29-05-2003, 03:49 AM
Have any of you installed these? just curious as to what others think of them.

Andy
29-05-2003, 07:34 PM
Hi Industrial tech,
I have to say it is not a name I have heard of before. Sorry that I am no help at the moment:(
Regards. Andy:)

Industrial tech
29-05-2003, 11:40 PM
Hi Andy,
Yeah we dont ship too many of them you're way. They are aluminum circular evaporators ranging in size from 60 t0 78 inches in diameter. Mostly used in large cold storage facilities and packing plants.
I think their might be some pics at www.malnar.com

Andy
01-06-2003, 10:46 AM
Hi Industrial Tech,
Interesting evaporators, I think I willl sent this link to over design department, they might find then applicable for certain applications.
Regards. Andy:)

J.D
01-06-2003, 12:46 PM
I installed 5 of these coils in a hog processing plant. I haven't heard any complaints.
There was a company in western Canada who incorporated these coils and scroll compressors into a heat pump package and used it as the main refrigeration plant in an ice rink. They called the finished package Ice Cube units or something like that.

J.D.

condenseddave
01-06-2003, 11:13 PM
Never heard of them, but I like the idea of the fiberglass drain pans. That's an interesting idea. I take it that there is no problem with them getting brittle at the coil temps?

How would they handle a pan heater for a lower temp app, like a meat cooler that needs a heated defrost?

Industrial tech
01-06-2003, 11:29 PM
Hi all,

JD they have bought quite a few of them for us they use them as a condensing unit tho lol.

Condensed Dave, most of the units we sell come with a hot gas circuit in the drain pan. As for low temp applications we have installed them in a number of -35 rooms and had no problems.

edit: JD what plant and who do you work for?
Dave

condenseddave
01-06-2003, 11:55 PM
Thanks for the fast reply. I might just have a low temp application that they would be perfect for copming up at the end of the summer.

Industrial tech
02-06-2003, 02:54 AM
Hi Dave,
Hehe fast reply, I didnt even notice the time that you had posted!
All the info you need to get ahold of us is on the website.

condenseddave
02-06-2003, 04:25 AM
Gotcha. I'll get in touch when I get all the particulars.

J.D
04-06-2003, 03:13 AM
Industrial Tech

I'll need to dig up the article I read. I thought they were experimenting with incorporating a ground loop with the condensing unit. I read about this 4 years ago so the details are sketchy.

The coils were installed at Larsen Packers in Berwick N.S. back in 1999 I believe. I was working for Acadia Refrigeration at that time. Shortly after that job I went to work for Cimco.

J.D.

coldbill
20-01-2010, 09:56 PM
I have a warehouse with 36 units within 4 years three of the coils have leaks in them !! right at the first bend coming in.